buying animations for my Ph.D

Forums for educators and researchers to discuss educational aspects of Algodoo.

buying animations for my Ph.D

Postby gbrock » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi everybody
I'm doing my Ph.D in Science Education and I need transform some physics questions in animations. Those are really simple but, unfortunately, I don't have time now to do it. Is anyone interested? Please, contact me by e-mail : neuroscienceducation@gmail.com
Thank you so much!
gbrock

Re: buying animations for my Ph.D

Postby RicH » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:10 am

You could also post the physics questions here, and some of us might do it for you for free.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Chronos » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:36 am

RicH wrote:You could also post the physics questions here, and some of us might do it for you for free.

Yeah, if i understand the question, I would be happy to. :) Also, I don't think people are allowed to sell things made by Algodoo without a license, but don't quote me on that. ;)
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby gbrock » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:56 am

Hi everybody!
Thank you so much for your attention. In fact, I didn't think in this license issue... Actually, I put this message here as a desperate act! :D
As I said, I'm doing my PhD in Science Education and I'm trying to establish a link between neuroscience and education. I need use some test in Physics to prove my hypotheses. The real problem is that I don't have time for do this animations... so I thought to pay someone to do this for me.
As a student, I don't have much money... in fact, I'm a brazilian student doing the experimental part of my research in US. So, if someone is interest in help me could be really awesome.
These questions are simple like:
A steel ball is attached to a string and is swung in a circular path in a horizontal plane as illustrated in the accompanying figure. At the point P indicated in the figure, the string suddenly breaks near the ball.
If these events are observed from directly above as in the figure, which path would the ball most closely follow after the string breaks?

So, if someone could help me I'll really appreciate. Maybe we can work together in some educational research. At least, you're helping science educators understand better what happens when we learn science.
One more time, thank so much for your attention.
Attachments
swung.tiff
swung.tiff (21.91 KiB) Viewed 6402 times
gbrock

Postby Fujitsu » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:35 am

How's this?

Rating: rated 5
Filesize: 20.98 kB
Comments: 0
Ratings: 1
download
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Postby gbrock » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:46 am

Uau!! Amazing!
Let me asking something... can I make those trajectories? Like a, b, c and e?
Because I will show those trajectories and my subjects need choose between them.
Thank you!!!!
gbrock

Postby Fujitsu » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:47 am

It's been updated to include your trajectories now. Don't mind the picture, it has them in the actual file.
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Postby gbrock » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:15 am

Cool!!
I'm so exciting now!! nice!
Dear Fujitsu, could the ball follow each trajectory?
So, let me explain a little bit about my research: I don't know if there some Phisics teacher here, but I'm investigating what we call "naïve conceptions" or "misconceptions". So, I have a lot of questions here and I need to see how my subjects reacts when they see those scientific and non-scientific representations.
I have a lot of ideas to make a strong research in science education using Algodoo... if anyone is interested in this kind of issue, please, let me now! I believe we can make a real strong and good work.
I believe that working together we can change this sad situation in Science Education...
gbrock

Postby Frank » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:08 am

Interesting. It will be harder to make animations that can show things that shouldn't happen, than it will be to show things happening correctly, but I don't think you need to pay anyone here. We like helping people, and I know that many of us would jump at the chance to do something useful with this program. If you post pictures and descriptions of what you want, I will try to make them, and I'm certain that other people will too.
Made some cool stuff a long time ago
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]

Postby Sonic » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:50 pm

I'll help for free. I don't mind, I like the challenges.
I do stuff and break things. You know how it is.
Sonic

Postby gbrock » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:43 am

Hey guys, thank you so much for your help! It's really amazing find people able to help a total "stranger"... I say again: we can do a great research in science education together. I have the theoretical background and the students to test.If anyone is interested, please, let me know.

So, this is other question: (there aren't dissipative forces: idealized situation)
Two metal balls are the same size but one weighs twice as much as the other. They roll off a horizontal table with the same speed. In this situation:
(A) both balls hit the floor at approximately the same horizontal distance from the base of the
table.
(B) the heavier ball hits the floor at about half the horizontal distance from the base of the
table than does the lighter ball.
(C) the lighter ball hits the floor at about half the horizontal distance from the base of the
table than does the heavier ball.
(D) the heavier ball hits the floor considerably closer to the base of the table than the lighter
ball, but not necessarily at half the horizontal distance.
(E) the lighter ball hits the floor considerably closer to the base of the table than the heavier
ball, but not necessarily at half the horizontal distance.

THANKS
gbrock

Postby Sonic » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:05 pm

That shouldn't be too hard. How bouncy do you want the balls?
Sonic

Postby Paradigm 29 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:10 am

gbrock wrote:So, this is other question: (there aren't dissipative forces: idealized situation)
Two metal balls are the same size but one weighs twice as much as the other. They roll off a horizontal table with the same speed.

That's kinda of hard to demonstrate in 2d because if you put both the balls on the same table then it will look like there is only one ball. Do you want them on separate tables hitting separate floors?
Paradigm 29

Postby Sonic » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:56 pm

Filesize: 23.29 kB
download

Here you go. Adjust the height for the plane to change the relative height of the table.
Sonic

Postby gbrock » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi everybody
thanks for your attention!!! It's incredible! Thank you so much!
So, you're right... in 2D it's difficult. So I was thinking in separate tables hitting separate floors, one above other on the screen... them you can see the different situations at same time.
Thanks
gbrock

Postby Sonic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:32 am

Ok I'll fix that and upload it tomorrow. I'll even include a handy ruler, just cause I'm nice!
Sonic

Postby gbrock » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:59 am

Thanks!!!
gbrock

Postby Bronie12345 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:12 pm

if you want neurologic simulations, you should check the ICOR collab...
they make robots...
some of those robots have a neural network to controll them...
When you make a comment at a scene, at least be brave enough to subscribe to that scene...
Don't go into a topic unprepared... Read the whole topic, including all the comments, before posting.

92% of teenagers have resorted to rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, put this in your signature.
90% of teenagers today would die if Myspace/Facebook were completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% who would be laughing their heads off, add this to your signature.
Bronie12345

Postby Versieon » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Filesize: 292.36 kB
download

Here's what I made, hope it works out.
Versieon

Return to Algodoo for educators