Simple Question Regarding editing .phz file

About advanced scenes, and the Thyme scripting language used in Algodoo.

Simple Question Regarding editing .phz file

Postby someguy123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:50 am

Hello all, I have a question regarding how to edit a .phz file. Should be simple- I am using the process from tutorial 15 here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=411

My goal is to be able to add polygons to my scene that have precise geometry. After renaming the .phz file to a .zip file, I unzip the zip file into a folder. I then go into the folder, and use notepad to add commands to specify the coordinates of the polygons I wish to add within the .phn file. I save the .phn file, then send the folder into a .zip file and then rename the new .zip file to the .phz file extension.

At this point, I think everything should be working OK. I try to start algoodoo by double clicking the new .phz file. I get the error message "Error opening file "[filename]": Failed to open zip archive file "scene.phn": No such file, The operation completed successfully. (error code 00000000)."

The file does not open. What am I doing wrong, or what should I do to fix this?
someguy123

Re: Simple Question Regarding editing .phz file

Postby electronicboy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:43 pm

sounds as if your scene.phn file isn't in the zip, or is in a subfolder inside of it or something. It needs to be directly in the zip file, not in a subfolder inside of it.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Re: Simple Question Regarding editing .phz file

Postby hpstricker » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:47 am

IMHO you don't have to zip the .phn file: you can open it immediately with Algodoo.
hpstricker

Return to Thyme scripting