Artificial Life 3 - remote sensing

Discuss scenes and videos made with Algodoo.

Artificial Life 3 - remote sensing

Postby Ravenplucker » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:20 pm

This one uses remote sensing with an internal compass to track down and "eat" food particles. It has a much greater detection range than my previous bots, which used antenae.

Rating: rated 7
Filesize: 155.41 kB
Comments: 12
Ratings: 6
download

Here's a pick of the search pattern I got. The red circles are the food points, green cross is the starting point.

Due to the distances, increase your sim speed if you can.
TheWonkits wrote:You can't do cartwheels when you're bored. Biological impossibility; they're fueled by joy.

Phundamentalist
Ravenplucker

Re: Artificial Life 3 - remote sensing

Postby Asolpdrag » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:56 pm

Wait whaaaaaaat!!??
Man this is incredible, I just discovered your artificial life series and their are awesome.
I used to play with phun when I was a kid. How did you do the remote sensing thing? I don't know how to use algodoo to well (it has changed a lot) and I cannot even try to grsp whats going on in your creation.
I just can't stop playing the scene one time after another.
Very good job!! Keep going :)
Asolpdrag

Postby Ravenplucker » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:17 am

Asolpdrag wrote:Wait whaaaaaaat!!??
Man this is incredible, I just discovered your artificial life series and their are awesome.
I used to play with phun when I was a kid. How did you do the remote sensing thing? I don't know how to use algodoo to well (it has changed a lot) and I cannot even try to grsp whats going on in your creation.
I just can't stop playing the scene one time after another.
Very good job!! Keep going

Cheers man, I appreciate it.
The remote sensing is done by the material property of attraction. The central compass basically points towards concentrations of mass in the J collision group, and the bot powers towards it. Since the bot on moves in short bursts and the compass reorients every time, it eventually homes in.
TheWonkits wrote:You can't do cartwheels when you're bored. Biological impossibility; they're fueled by joy.

Phundamentalist
Ravenplucker

Postby pnvv » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:51 pm

Is the path it takes entirely random or does it have some type of mechanical AI?

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
pnvv

Postby Ravenplucker » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:45 am

If it was random it would never get to any food ;) , but it's not AI either. It's just a set of sequenced actions.

On an unrelated note, with a few modifications it turns into a predator. Here's a crappy vid showing it hunting down one of my other bots.

Phundamentalist
Ravenplucker

Return to Scenes