bugs in script saving...

About advanced scenes, and the Thyme scripting language used in Algodoo.

bugs in script saving...

Postby spook1 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:42 pm

After many many attempts I succeeded to make a killer-ball that only kills objects with killable-property.
After saving the game though, the killable property for the objects where I defined it, is lost.
The script in onCollide is sometimes saved, but most of the times lost after saving and loading the file.

it seems that I must try many times and hope to be lucky to saven my scripts with success.

I defined a scene.my.score value which adds 1 after a collision. I copied the code to dispaly the score in a box, using the text property, but in one file this script works fine, in anotherfile it cannot be saved...

I was hoping to create an matrix like maze, through which i can move a ball. Each time I reach a killable - wall, the ball can kick out this wall, and 1 point to the level. So the player can earn a new part of the playfield, thus I create a small game in phun.

Does anyone know a trick to do this scripting in a better way?

Should I write the whole phz file in thyme? Am I being botghered by bugs or do I lack essential knowledge to work with Algodoo in an successfull way...

Regards,
Martijn
spook1

Re: bugs in script saving...

Postby Fujitsu » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:22 am

This is a known issue in Algodoo and I believe that it is currently being addressed. The only known way to get around this issue that I know of is to physically go into the .phz file with a text editor and add in your scripts, though it can be difficult, and some people have been unable to get in. :problem:
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Postby Versieon » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:23 am

yes, as of now, we have to use pre existing variables or scene.my variables, others are not saved in the scene.
Versieon

Postby Fujitsu » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:19 am

Versieon wrote:yes, as of now, we have to use pre existing variables or scene.my variables, others are not saved in the scene.

Another major problem is that over half the time, I find, when you turn a property into a custom variable, I.e. attraction = {scene.my.variable1}, it will remain as the variable until you ever press undo or load the scene after saving.
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Return to Thyme scripting