algodoo for ipad

Talk about anything related to Algodoo for iPad that doesn't fit into any of the other categories.

algodoo for ipad

Postby chaos » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi is the ipad version a cut down version of the pc version or a full version of algodoo?

regards Chaos
chaos

Re: algodoo for ipad

Postby electronicboy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:05 pm

The iPad version, as far as I know, is a full implementation of the PC version, however I've never tested it.
As far as I know, the only feature loss is Thyme coding on the iPad itself, but Thyme itself does work in some form of implementation, however you will have to code on the PC and transfer to the iPad.

You will have to wait on for someone else to give you information of what is going on.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby mrdaviesphysics » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 am

Just installed and run a few of my 'creations' - alas the graph-drawing is hopelessly slow, just like on some school laptops I've encountered recently. The whole simulation crawls along as it tries to plot the labels on the graph axes.
I've suffered a few times when using Algodoo as a teaching/training tool but have had to abandon my workshop when it became apparent that no-one was making any progress due to this issue.
To see this issue appear again with the iPad version doesn't really fill me with any confidence about the usefullness of the ipad version for my teaching and for future simulations that involve any kind of graphical analysis.
Is there anything that I can do to alter how Algodoo labels the graph axes? Or how I can 'speed up' my iPad to make the graph drawing run smoothly in real time?
Many thanks in advance.

mrdavies

'mrdaviesphysics'
mrdaviesphysics

Postby R10k » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Which iPad are you using?
R10k

Postby faytree » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:22 am

a normal iPad that uses A5 quadcore proccesor
waiting for semester break to come...
faytree

Postby IronC88 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi! Is there any update coming for ipad version? I use ipad air and the latest version of ios7. It keeps crashing all the time. Why the ipad version is still on sale even though its development has been rejected?

Sorry for my bad english! :/
IronC88

Postby faytree » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:10 am

IronC88 wrote:Hi! Is there any update coming for ipad version? I use ipad air and the latest version of ios7. It keeps crashing all the time. Why the ipad version is still on sale even though its development has been rejected?

Sorry for my bad english! :/

i think not,because Emil(developer of Algodoo) left Algoryx.But there still hope,we don't know when.
waiting for semester break to come...
faytree

Postby gaoxiao » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:19 pm

electronicboy wrote:The iPad version, as far as I know, is a full implementation of the PC version, however I've never tested it.
As far as I know, the only feature loss is Thyme coding on the iPad itself, but Thyme itself does work in some form of implementation, however you will have to code on the PC and transfer to the iPad.

You will have to wait on for someone else to give you information of what is going on.

is this ipad version the same as the PC version?I see it's 20MB in iPad,but over 40MB in the PC.Is there any function missing in the iPad version?Thank you very much!
gaoxiao

Postby electronicboy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:11 pm

As I said, I've never tried it, I don't like tablet machines, I'd rather just lug a laptop with me.

As far as I know, the iPad version is pretty much the same as the PC version, minus support for writing Thyme. You can't really count the file size due to the various architectures, the Windows version is like 40MB, and the OSx version is 80MB, yet they're both pretty much the exact same application.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby Kilinich » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:28 am

iPad version is really only for view scenes, there is velry limited keyboard support and no mouse support, so scenes with app.mousepos use just not working.
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Postby Kilinich » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:22 am

jessicapatel123 wrote:hello everyone i'm new user.

glad to hear that, bu why here? :mrgreen:
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Postby UltraBossGamer » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:27 am

Um... The app is not compatible with iOS 10... Can u please update the app??!?!?!! The UI is invisible!!!! :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :cry:
UltraBossGamer

Postby larryjones » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:30 pm

ipad version a cut down version of the pc version of algodoo?
larryjones

Postby FRA32 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:37 pm

This post is long dead, please do not post on it anymore, as you will gain no more information from the former participants.
FRA32

Return to General Discussion