2.1.0 beta

Official announcements from Algoryx and the Algodoo team. Updates, official contests, news, etc.

Re: 2.1.0 beta

Postby tudoreleuu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 pm

I have tried the new beta and this happened.
http://puu.sh/2kV4f
All of the UI elements are completely invisible.
tudoreleuu

Postby emilk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:32 pm

tudoreleuu wrote:I have a problem with the new beta, everything in the UI is invisible.

tudoreleuu wrote:I have tried the new beta and this happened.
http://puu.sh/2kV4f
All of the UI elements are completely invisible.

Enter the following in the console (press F10):

GUI.useBuffering = false

Does this help?

Can you give me your logfile.txt:s? My Documens/Algodoo/Logfile.txt - paste in e.g. http://pastebin.com/
Emil Ernerfeldt, lead developer
emilk

Postby emilk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:35 pm

tadietz wrote:I have noticed that the friction slider now can be moved right to infinity and I seem to be able to manually enter values higher than 2 (which seems to be the highest numeric value you can set with the slider). I had not previously tried specifying values higher than 2 so don't know if this is new of not.

On the subject of friction, what do these values equate to in the 'real world' ? The highest values I have seen mentioned when I research this top out at slightly < 2, and that is for static friction. In the situations I am simulating, the surfaces are moving relative to each other and so would be more subject to kinetic frictional coefficients - or more accurately rolling friction, which has even lower values in most circumstances.

Does Algodoo 'figure out' what kind of frictional forces are occurring between objects, i.e., static, kinetic, or rolling? If not, should I set the frictional values manually according to what interactions various components will have with each other?

Nothing has changed with friction in 2.1.0, only that you can now drag the slider to infinity. And true, few materials in the real world has a friction as high as 2.

Algodoo does not have rolling friction.

tadietz wrote:One other thing, I have noticed for beta 2.1.0, I can't seem to find a way to run Algodoo in other than full screen mode and cannot even minimize it. Is this working as designed? I noticed it on 2.1.0 b8 and am now on 2.1.0 b10, both of which exhibit the same behavior.

Thanks for any insights.

File -> Toggle fullscreen not working for you? How about F11?
Emil Ernerfeldt, lead developer
emilk

Postby tadietz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Somehow I failed to see file -> toggle fullscreen (and forgot about F11). Thanks - works either way.
tadietz

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:46 pm

i can't start algodoo it says that i cant run shaders PLEASE HELP my driver are updated and algodoo crash when it start

Postby qwerty564 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:58 pm

i have intel 910GL express chipset familly and my drivers are up to date

AND I KEEP CRASHING WHEN I START

http://www.mediafire.com/?6dm4phn63dsn35d

pls help me
qwerty564

Postby InfinityPlayer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:19 am

emilk wrote:
InfinityPlayer wrote:emilk - thanks for your suggestion, checked the settings, and cleared the touchscreen option and selected the option that allows me to see my cursor. Thanks again. Now i can continue my love and use of this brilliant piece of electronic engineering.

Great! But do you have a touch screen or a touch device of any kind? I need to know, because if not, then my touch screen detection is obviously broken.

No, emilk, i don't have a touchscreen laptop. It's a regular laptop with Windows 7 installed on it.
InfinityPlayer

Postby electronicboy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Guest wrote:i can't start algodoo it says that i cant run shaders PLEASE HELP my driver are updated and algodoo crash when it start

Algodoo is an advanced piece of software, and takes advantage of shaders to produce the visual effects with high performance with little trade off for quality. If you have a desktop PC, you will be able to meet this requirement with a cheap update, with a new graphics card with minimum openGL version of 2.0.

qwerty564 wrote:i have intel 910GL express chipset familly and my drivers are up to date

AND I KEEP CRASHING WHEN I START

http://www.mediafire.com/?6dm4phn63dsn35d

pls help me

Sorry, but it appears that your GPU is too outdated for Algodoo.

Your openGL version is 1.4, and the minimum required version for Algodoo to run is 2.1.
If your on a desktop PC, it is possible to upgrade the graphics card fairly cheap.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Previous

Return to Official announcements