Ultimate Offroad Challenge, 1km

This is a forum for Algodoo contests by our users. An official contest forum will be announced shortly.

Re: Ultimate Offroad Challenge, 1km

Postby Jaxc » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:54 am

i got bored >.<
Rating: rated 5
Filesize: 105.17 kB
Comments: 0
Ratings: 1
download
Jaxc

Postby Frank » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Seems like it's more-or-less finished, so I'm setting a close date: 5:00 Eastern Standard Time, Friday, October 2.
Made some cool stuff a long time ago
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]

Postby standardtoaster » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:17 am

Frank wrote:Seems like it's more-or-less finished, so I'm setting a close date: 5:00 Eastern Standard Time, Friday, October 2.

NOOooooooo! I'm not finished yet! I'm working on an offroad segway type thing. It can barely get onto the stairs as of now.
This is the farthest that it has gotten. I'm still working on it.
standardtoaster

Postby izacque » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:46 am

I have a working prototype, but I can't upload it to the algobox or even find it on my computer.

If you think you can help, click here

WOOT! I figured it out!
Filesize: 108.17 kB
download

So this is an open entry simply because the wheels are too big for hardcore.
It's a prototype and not as reliable as I'd like. I am pleased, however, at its ability to get itself out of almost any pickle. (except when it lands upside down :lol: ) It's so light that you can use its wheel spin to influence the angular momentum, so keep that in mind as you try to land on both wheels. It's a little hard to get used to at first, but I suck at video games and I was able to get it through with no saves so you probably can too. In general, don't throttle mash while you drive, and don't "save" it unless it's flipped upside-down or obviously stuck for good. If you need more specific driving instructions (it should be able to get past every obstacle), just PM me.
[/post]
Paradigm 29 wrote:I've been trying to figure out why people even buy hummers ever since I found out that they don't have machine guns.
izacque

Postby Sonic » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:45 pm

My Gear Climber should be GREAT for this contest! I'm gonna use it and upload it tomorrow!
I do stuff and break things. You know how it is.
Sonic

Postby Sniperkasa » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Sniperkasa wrote:
Filesize: 109.85 kB
download

This one should be.. a bit more to the rules ;D Its harcode.. just btw :P

Have you even looked at my "real" entry :problem:
If you have a question, have a dollar and call somebody that cares.
No really just PM me if you have a problem :)
Sniperkasa

Postby standardtoaster » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:25 am

I'm just about done with my segway. :thumbup: It's actually a bit hard to control, so I'll be making a video along with it. :roll:
standardtoaster

Postby Frank » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:44 pm

Sniperkasa wrote:
Sniperkasa wrote:
Filesize: 109.85 kB
download

This one should be.. a bit more to the rules ;D Its harcode.. just btw :P

Have you even looked at my "real" entry :problem:

I'm very sorry about that! Kinda slipped through the cracks. Its problem is that after it unfolds, it gets too long by about two meters. Clever, but it was part of the reason why I made a post explaining that creative folding is NOT OK. What I should have done was give it a place but give a red warning that it couldn't claim a final place, just like I did with the other ones that didn't quite follow the rules. I'll grade it in a bit, and I'm EXTENDING THE CLOSE DATE TO SUNDAY, OCT 4 to give you and anyone else who still wants to make one some time.
Frank

Postby special7 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:40 pm

Cream AKA Special7

The Beatle

Hardcore Entry
Hope you guys like it.

Rating: rated 4.9
Filesize: 131.22 kB
Ratings: 2
download
special7

Postby standardtoaster » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:02 pm

I forgot to make it a scene response. Sorry about that, it will still count, right?

A and D to control it left and right. Somewhat unstable, but for the most part it works pretty well. I recorded a video of it but it was to long for youtube. :problem: If you have the same skill as me then it should take about ten minutes to get to the end. There are two impossible obstacles, the speed thing with tower, and the gray geometric course. I hope that this abides by all rules of hardcore and gets kudos for being a segway and not time. :lol:
Filesize: 104.14 kB
Comments: 1
download
standardtoaster

Postby izacque » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:21 pm

just so you know, my first car was actually an open entry because the wheels are too big. :lol:

This is a hardcore entry. It should never need saving. If it lands on its top, then hit the forward keys and backward keys until it flips over. If you don't get it, PM me and I'll send you an explanatory video.

Spoiler: show
Filesize: 99.23 kB
download

Show me one hardcore rule that this one breaks!!! :P It's even autonomous! :D

Spoiler: show
Filesize: 96.13 kB
Comments: 2
download
[/post]
Paradigm 29 wrote:I've been trying to figure out why people even buy hummers ever since I found out that they don't have machine guns.
izacque

Postby Frank » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:30 am

@Sniperkasa:
Now that I've given that thing a closer look, I've found that it's just too broken to grade on top of being too long. It can't do the elevator like you said, but it also can't get over the jump without landing on its back. Halfway through the course it loses some important parts too, causing it to fail on a lot of the bumps. I gave up on it after about seven saves and four or five points that it just couldn't cross.

@Special7/Cream:
That one is kinda cool. Very fast, but the transmission is spotty. It's shaky and hard to control, and probably too light. I couldn't get it to do the crescent right, but I managed to tip it by doing a backflip, and then push the thing the rest of the way.

@Standardtoaster:
I can't drive that thing. It took me a few minutes to figure out how it worked, but knowing didn't help much. I don't know if I can grade it.

@Izacque:
First car is pretty cool! It can flip itself, but hardly ever needs to. On of the more thoughtful designs in the contest IMO.
Second car does indeed follow the rules. I may or may not give it a place though, and I think we all know why.
Frank

Postby Bronie12345 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:38 am

standardtoaster's segway is easy to control :P
i was able of doing almost the whole course (i got bored :P)

anyway, should i rate that one maybe?

explanation of it:
it accelerates by balancing
becuz the device wants to stay up and balanced, it starts accelerating and keeps itself lvl
just like the real segway
it is as simple as can be
if you shift weight t just the right moment, it can pass everything (even when you give full throttle on a hill, and you shift the weight backwards
When you make a comment at a scene, at least be brave enough to subscribe to that scene...
Don't go into a topic unprepared... Read the whole topic, including all the comments, before posting.

92% of teenagers have resorted to rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, put this in your signature.
90% of teenagers today would die if Myspace/Facebook were completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% who would be laughing their heads off, add this to your signature.
Bronie12345

Postby standardtoaster » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:07 am

Thanks, bronie! In surprised that someone knew how to control it well!
standardtoaster

Postby Bronie12345 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:46 am

isnt that hard, if you're also used to making segway's in phun
they are quite easy to control if you know how
When you make a comment at a scene, at least be brave enough to subscribe to that scene...
Don't go into a topic unprepared... Read the whole topic, including all the comments, before posting.

92% of teenagers have resorted to rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, put this in your signature.
90% of teenagers today would die if Myspace/Facebook were completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% who would be laughing their heads off, add this to your signature.
Bronie12345

Postby special7 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:57 pm

If you can drive the beetle correctly (its hard) it should be the fastest. The crescent at the end like you said is impossible to go through, so do a back flip to get it moving then drive under it. Transmission slips yes, but if it did not it would do back-flips worse than it does now. Heavy means slow, this is a speed contest right? lol
special7

Postby Nxdt » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:23 pm

the beetle is really slow for me the transmission is very bad.
Nxdt

Postby special7 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 am

NXDT, is it the trany that makes it slow for you?
special7

Postby Frank » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:13 pm

Thank you everyone! We had some great entries, and now the contest is closed. Congratulations RaRaMalum and Special7! I'm working on a Phunimation to honor the winners and when I'm done I will post my test vehicles too.
Frank

Postby standardtoaster » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:00 am

Frank, did you follow Bronie's advice on how to control my segway? I saw that you haven't graded it.
standardtoaster

Postby RA2lover » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Actually, sometimes, the Standardtoaster's segway's motor gets above 350 RPM/below -350 RPM(loophole?),. so i doubyt that entry is legal.
Jrv wrote:
TC42 wrote:Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone on 4chan has that good a use of grammar, spelling, usage, mechanics, ect.
But I've never been there, so I may be wrong.

GTFO newfgt
RA2lover

Postby standardtoaster » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:27 pm

How is it that it gets above 350 rpm? I put a cap on it.
standardtoaster

Postby Bronie12345 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:28 pm

euhmm, wrong topic?

Bronie12345

Postby standardtoaster » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:09 pm

That's a spambot, bronie. Just ignore it.
standardtoaster

Postby Gameman » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:44 am

What are the rules to the baja 1000?
Next Contest: Cannons!
I would appreciate it if someone would create an avatar for me that matches my signature.
Gameman

PreviousNext

Return to Contests