(New: Trailer!)Game: The Car Factory: the Adventure begins!

Discuss how to have fun with Algodoo, how to create games, and entertaining scenes.

(New: Trailer!)Game: The Car Factory: the Adventure begins!

Postby jobro » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:36 pm

AND TRAILER IS HERE! Click! :D

Hello Algobox!

I'm working on this project for like, half a year now, with writing and making graphics. It's time that the first chapter of this game will see the light of live.

Game. Yes. Car factory? Well, I won't tell very much, but it's an interesting adventure escape game, slighly based on the escape the laboratory. The adventure begins subtitle states the first episode of this game (it's not one level, but according to my script it's 10 levels). Other episodes are coming up too, when it gets a lot of attention of course. I'm not gonna make this for one person! :)

You will encover a lot of mysterious things about "Pissan" a car enterprise that makes really nice cars. It's a very succesfull enterprise. Everywone likes it. Except the car parts that are declined... most of them are already dead, but due an accident in the car part killing room 1 car part gets out of it's cage and almost kills a other car part, but manages to save him at last.

A trailer is coming really soon. This game has got a total work time (at moment of writing) of 300 hours. I don't think that, if you see the first level, 300 hours is taken into the developing of that scene, because its not. I started that one (the machanics) with an older version of Algodoo (... maybe even Phun...) that didn't have any grid. Anyway, if it has, I was so dumb that I didn't use it. So the first level is well... the story is great, the level is pretty hard (I still can't finish it without losing some lifes), but overall it isn't perfect everywhere. I guess i used 40 hours into the making of the scene, the other hours I used to write the full story (You don't even wanna know how much pages it got..). I got really good advice when i made the "The Awesome Machine" series, and this time if fully developed the core, as well all the levels i got to make, a whole script of the overall thing. The story it self has really good suspense.

I'm making a trailer right now. Be prepared to take the "adventure gaming" of Algodoo to a higher level.

Release date is pinned on 11 november at 18:30 netherlands time. (GMT +1, if i remember correctly). The trailer will be up somewhere in this weekend. Maybe i'm gonna post a teaser pic too!

Levels

Rating: rated 6.8
Filesize: 0.73 MB
Comments: 7
Ratings: 11
download

LEVEL 1 - THE ADVENTURE BEGINS (CURRENT REVISION: v35 bugfix1)

Changelog of Level 1
Spoiler: show
v1.35: release version of level 1
Bugfix 1: Made speech box uncollidable.
Last edited by jobro on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
jobro

Re: [Announcement] Game: Car Factory: the Adventure begins!

Postby Matten » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:00 am

jobro wrote:(GMT +2, if i remember correctly)

No you don't, NL is GMT+1, where the hell would GMT+1 be if NL was in GMT+2? In the north sea? where it will be the most useless thing ever?
Cave Johnson wrote:Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Matten

Postby monstertje3 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:32 am

Matten wrote:

No you don't, NL is GMT+1, where the hell would GMT+1 be if NL was in GMT+2? In the north sea? where it will be the most useless thing ever?

Fail :P

but i look forward to your release :)
Basically, there are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths.
monstertje3

Postby jobro » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:25 am

Matten wrote:

... Day light change?

Nope i searched it, and it isn't true. IDK where i read that, but guys dont make such a big problem of this.
jobro

Postby monstertje3 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:33 am

you should at least edit your post :)
Basically, there are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths.
monstertje3

Postby Matten » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:07 pm

jobro wrote:
Matten wrote:

... Day light change?

Nope i searched it, and it isn't true. IDK where i read that, but guys dont make such a big problem of this.

DST (Daylight Saving Time) is applied almost everywhere. And I don't make a problem from it, I was correcting you.

I also look forward to it! Hopefully it will be worth waiting.
Cave Johnson wrote:Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Matten

Postby jobro » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:19 pm

monstertje3 wrote:you should at least edit your post :)

I know, but i only had 1 minute to post. You know... school. :thumbdown:

EDIT: I just made the decision to split up the first level in 2 parts. My computer cant handle this anymore, get a lot of save errors and probably a lot of players will encounter lots of lag. The consequence of this is that the level is much smaller, but level 2 will be finished a lot faster! And the end of level 1 is just... epic :)

I'm also making the trailer, I'm making small parts of upcoming levels to include (of course, no spoilers!)
jobro

Postby monstertje3 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:24 pm

you could make a .phi of it with scripts so the next level automaticly starts :)
monstertje3

Postby jobro » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:51 pm

monstertje3 wrote:you could make a .phi of it with scripts so the next level automaticly starts :)

Oh yeah, that was my own suggestion :) Well, to finish the next level in detail... I don't think I can finish that before the release. But the first level is already epic, with a lovely cliffhanger at the end. :D

The trailer is coming up too :) I never thought it would take this long, but I'm making some lovely (not very detailed) scenes of the main character's memories about his/her adventure. I will put those all together and then place it as a trailer. The trailer will then all about some small parts that shows some event happening. And of course, the beginning of level 1 :D So see it as a teaser AND a trailer :D

Release is 11 November!
jobro

Postby jobro » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:16 pm

Okay, the trailer is done. I dont have time to upload it now, but that will be tomorrow around 3, so check out this topic then for a youtube link :D
jobro

Re: [Announcement] Game: The Car Factory: the Adventure begins!

Postby jobro » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:09 pm

And the trailer is here! I'm not proud of it, because I think its ... crappy, but it gives you a nice image of the game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o3eSnuoKwE :thumbup:
jobro

Postby monstertje3 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:39 pm

looks really nice, now i want to play your levels :thumbup:
monstertje3

Postby jobro » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:51 pm

monstertje3 wrote:looks really nice, now i want to play your levels :thumbup:

Only expect one on the release ;) But i'll try to make one level a week :)
jobro

Re: (New: Trailer!)Game: The Car Factory: the Adventure begins!

Postby jobro » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:50 pm

And we got less that 24 hours! :D Follow that release here to check how much time left! (If you think your time zone is messed up :) It's installed on my time zone, so the countdown says how much time left! :D)

So, release is on 11-11-11 :) Pity that I can't release it at 11:11 though.
jobro

Postby jobro » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:37 pm

And we are online!

Rating: rated 6.8
Filesize: 0.73 MB
Comments: 7
Ratings: 11
download
jobro

Postby tudoreleuu » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:08 am

Nice level, but the blue car can't be saved. Also, what do I do at docking station A before that wall under the laser? No idea how to get past that.
tudoreleuu

Postby jobro » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:47 am

tudoreleuu wrote:Nice level, but the blue car can't be saved. Also, what do I do at docking station A before that wall under the laser? No idea how to get past that.

Oh no? It can. I said it was hard, but you can save him... you must actually because he returns in the next level.

I will post a walkthrough?

And I don't get your second question. Ah wait :) You mean that wall? Yeah... I said you gotta save that blue guy :) Try again friend! You need him to get past the level ;)
jobro

Postby tudoreleuu » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:26 pm

Yes, do post a walkthrough.
tudoreleuu

Postby jobro » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Walkthrough level 1 - only use when you really don't know how to get further. This will definately ruin your fun!

Spoiler: show
1. Wait for cage to get down.
2. Press enter.
3. Go to the left until you hit a box.
4. That box will fall down on the rectangle that has the cage on it. It will fall down. When the laser hits it, it will ride to the left: the blue guy isn't killed! (yet...)
5. Go to the right the whole time, until you can't get further. Wait for the cage to get under you and jump on it. Time it right.
6. Stand on the button; a laser will activate, cutting the left cage bar in 2 parts.
7. Now use WASD to get the blue guy out.
8. Continue to the right.
9. Open the elevator with the 1 (non numpad) key.
10. Get in; hit the button.
11. The rest is self-explanation :thumbup:
jobro

Postby tudoreleuu » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:30 pm

I never get it to save the cage (the wheels don't collide, yknow.), but the rest is pretty sweet.
tudoreleuu

Postby jobro » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:01 am

tudoreleuu wrote:I never get it to save the cage (the wheels don't collide, yknow.), but the rest is pretty sweet.

:wtf: What? The weels don't collide? Am I really that dumb? I'm gonna try it out.
jobro

Postby tudoreleuu » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Well did you?
tudoreleuu

Return to Algodoo for fun