"Algodoo for Education" is oversaturated with forums

Discuss the forum itself. Organization, improvements, moderation, etc.

"Algodoo for Education" is oversaturated with forums

Postby Jrv » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:49 am

The "Features and tools for education," "Lesson plans," "Local forums," and "Other questions about education" are absolutely useless, unused, and clogging up the forum needlessly.

The smart move would be to remove the "Algodoo for Education" section of the forum entirely and create a single forum in the "Algodoo User Forums" section for all discussions involving education. Educators are users too, after all. In fact, just title the forum "Algodoo for Education" and be on your way. The entire section has less than 30 posts, and it's just useless at this point.

While I'm at it, "Algodoo for Fun" is useless and should be merged with "Algodoo in general."

Personally, I think the whole "Algodoo User Forums" section should be merged into 5 forums tops, but I realize that may be too radical for most people. Until then, "Algodoo in General" should be near the top of the section, not towards the bottom.

Right now, the organization of this forum is abysmal. Less is better when it comes to forums.
Bang
Jrv
[Best Musician 2010] [Funniest Person 2010] [Most Infamous Member 2010]

Re: "Algodoo for Education" is oversaturated with forums

Postby Rrobba » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:24 am

Does it really bother you that you may have to scroll the mouse wheel one extra time to get to the Living Room link at the bottom?

Anyway, I'm just fooling. I agree. Until the Algodoo forums get considerably larger amounts of active users and participators, I see no reason for the Forum to be so 'extended'. It should be compressed down; and different sections should be merged where appropriate in order to improve their relevance and overall activity.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]

Postby electronicboy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:10 pm

I have to agree 100%.

I will refer emanuel to this topic (he is usually the most active algoryx admin, and is very reliable for stuff like this!), so that he can voice his opinion!
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby Emanuel » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:52 pm

Yeah, I also agree, but a total of 5 forums seems too few. There are quite a few posts is some of the sub-forums, however, "Algodoo for fun" has not been used as intended and maybe a merge is the best way to handle that.

/ Emanuel
Algodoo Developer
Emanuel

Return to Meta forum