List of requested features and changes

Discuss the forum itself. Organization, improvements, moderation, etc.

Re: List of requested features and changes

Postby RicH » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Chronos wrote:I want the avatars on the right-hand side, like they were on the Phunland forums. I've still not gotten used to them on the left. :?

What the fuck is wrong with you? :|
That was a rhetorical question btw.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Chronos » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:59 am

Oh crap, I'm an idiot! >.<

I mean left :oops:
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby Sonic » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:30 am

Chronos wrote:Oh crap, I'm an idiot! >.<

Yes you are.
I do stuff and break things. You know how it is.
Sonic

Postby Mystery » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:43 am

Finally, something i can agree with you :lol: .
Mystery

Postby Mr. crash » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:18 pm

How funny :mrgreen:
I like crashes alot!
Mr. crash

Postby izacque » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:33 pm

I cannot describe how much fail there has been in the last few posts. I applaud you, sir. :clap:
[/post]
Paradigm 29 wrote:I've been trying to figure out why people even buy hummers ever since I found out that they don't have machine guns.
izacque

Postby RicH » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:59 am

izacque wrote:I cannot describe how much fail there has been in the last few posts. I applaud you, sir. :clap:

Seriously, wtf? Was that 10-day bump worth it for THAT kind of post? Ugh.
Also, RicH = fucking hypocrite
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby izacque » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:03 am

oops, forgot to check post dates. please forgive me. :oops:
[/post]
Paradigm 29 wrote:I've been trying to figure out why people even buy hummers ever since I found out that they don't have machine guns.
izacque

Postby Mystery » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Forgiveness isn't something you ask for, its something you earn.
Mystery

Postby Dakta » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:54 pm

I suggest integrating the forum and Algobox, which would allow universal accounts (no way for someone to impersonate you, and only one account to keep track of), and the display of Algobox information under your avatar (under the post count, you could have upload count, average rating, number of downloads, etc.).
.. ,__,_____
. / __.==--" - - - - - - - - ""
./#(-'
.`-' From http://www.ascii-art.de/. Modded by me to work in Arial. Image
a Mammoth wrote:be boring and interesting.

Mystery wrote:If you were jailbreaker you shouldn't have when't up the 3.1.3
I didn't know you could go up 3.1.3! Thanks Mystery person!
Dakta

Postby RA2lover » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Sorry for the bump, but the forums top bar has missing text.
http://gametechmods.com/../uploads/imag ... PG(another forum bug had made me to make a link(it was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.))
also, the site itself needs more updates. the scene of the week itself has been there for over a month for instance.
Jrv wrote:
TC42 wrote:Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone on 4chan has that good a use of grammar, spelling, usage, mechanics, ect.
But I've never been there, so I may be wrong.

GTFO newfgt
RA2lover

Postby monstertje3 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:00 am

My suggestion is to do something about those spammers (those who are advertising their stupid product)
Maybe a thing like recaptcha when posting :problem:
Basically, there are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths.
monstertje3

Postby tatt61880 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:18 am

monstertje3 wrote:My suggestion is to do something about those spammers (those who are advertising their stupid product)
Maybe a thing like recaptcha when posting :problem:

Thanks for your reports.
I've removed 3 posts posted by "besterer"(spam user), and I've banned him.
It is difficult to remove spams automatically, but I'll do my best to remove spams when they are reported (or when I find them).
NOTE: I'm not an Algoryx member.
Hi, Algodoo lovers. Have you read next topic? Featured scenes suggestions
To translators: English.cfg changelog will be useful (even for me).
tatt61880
[Most Helpful Person 2010]

Postby electronicboy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:58 pm

captcha would actually do more harm than good...

I think we could do with some more mods...
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby Chronos » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:09 pm

electronicboy wrote:I think we could do with some more mods...

I totally don't have anything in my signature that you can click and sign about that, nope, no way.

Though, you already signed it, didn't you?
Chronos

Postby electronicboy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:44 pm

Chronos wrote:
electronicboy wrote:I think we could do with some more mods...

I totally don't have anything in my signature that you can click and sign about that, nope, no way.

Though, you already signed it, didn't you?

yes, i did, you can even check (shane freeder)

and i would recheck your sig...
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby Chronos » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:43 am

Oh yeah, whoops, I removed it. Derp.
Chronos

Postby Rrobba » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:52 pm

Suggestion - Ability to submit a poll in a post, or post multiple polls in the OP

My suggestion is to allow for the submitting of a poll into a thread, not just when you make one at the very start of a thread. In other words, I want to be able to post a poll within a standard post, such as this one. Alternatively, the ability to create more than one poll in the OP (the very first post in a thread - usually the introduction - made by the thread maker).

The rules

Only the OP (creator) of a thread can post multiple polls within his posts in a thread. This will mean that we won't get a bunch of poll spam (assuming the OP wants his thread to remain on track) from people randomly asking questions. The thread maker can post a new poll when he feels it is relevant to the topic in discussion.

Why?

I think it would be a useful, easy to implement feature that could help some threads evolve or come to a conclusion. I'll give some examples:

Contests

Currently, contest winners are almost always decided solely by the contest maker, which seems only fair. However, in some cases (whether by logic or because the contest creator doesn't really understand or fairly distribute marks and points to entries and contestants), a community-driven winner would be more suitable. However, the thread-maker cannot make the poll when he first makes the thread - he can't possibly know what contestants will emerge. This feature would allow him/her to make the poll once all entries have been submitted. Also, it could allow for multiple polls for multiple categories (e.g. a poll for the most creative scene, another for the most well-designed, etc.) - something that simply can't be done using the one default poll provided at the thread start.

Suggestions

In some cases, multiple things are suggested in a thread in the suggestions forum section. Here polls could be submitted for each suggestion to get a clear indication of public feedback towards each suggestion - some may be great, some may not - one poll for a collective response wouldn't be suitable because the thread may contain many good, and many bad suggestions. An individual poll could be posted for each suggestion with perhaps a 'I support/I do not support/Already suggested' list of options.

The feature in practice

On a more thread-specific note, I will explain how this system could perhaps be implemented in certain threads.

Example 1 - the '2010 Member Awards' thread. That thread lead to a messy bombardment of user posting multiple responses to the various categories of Member Awards, with their nominations included. These nominations then had to be counted by the thread maker, who, if you look at the thread in full, was accused of miscounting the votes. A system that allows multiple polls via posts would lead to: a) a much cleaner, neater thread with relevant polls for each category and b) a fairer vote count system without any human bias or errors.

Example 2 - the Gaming Thread. The gaming thread's original poll was 'Which do you prefer - the PS3, 360 or Wii' however a poll was never made for, for example, DS vs PSP. Nor will one be made for the PS4 vs Xbox 3 vs Wii 2 because more polls can't be posted later on as topic evolves. Creating a new poll to replace the old one, which is still relevant, isn't ideal. Also, certain consoles can't really be placed into the same poll, so multiple ones are needed - which isn't currently possible. This thread is also filled with constant arguments over which games are better, which game has better graphics, etc. These could far more easily be settled via a simple user-poll rather than mindless rambling. That's not to say discussion should be obliterated - on the contrary I encourage debates and discussion, but in certain occasions, a system like this would be far more efficient and effective.

Bottom Line

I guess the point of this was simply to suggest the implementation of one of two things - the ability to post more than one thread in the thread makers original post, or the ability to submit more polls within a normal post later on in a thread's life.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]

Postby egkteam » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:53 am

use punbb, not phybb
My Algobox account (inactive)
P.S. My real name is Emmanuel so call me that way.
egkteam

Previous

Return to Meta forum