ant creation contest for everyone phun and algodoo

This is a forum for Algodoo contests by our users. An official contest forum will be announced shortly.

ant creation contest for everyone phun and algodoo

Postby CasperFalandysz » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:13 pm

hello im planing to make a realistic ant that moves by itself and behaves likely a real one :o and then i just wanted to get some inspiration for the project so anyone brave enough show me you skills :thumbup: and make me a "ant"

RULES;
it has to find the food whiten 3minutes

it must be able to walk (people with algodoo is allowed to use inertia multiplier, people with phun will have to stay to lucid or so :( )

it must be STRONG and able to hold the food (leaves)

it shall have 8 legs (or 6 cant remember the amount of legs a ant have but 8 I guess) that it uses to walk

POINTS is giving by this way; max score is 100%

the look 25% (the way it moves legs and so while walking and some other stuff) [25%]

the time it is about finding all food 50% -15% per minute it is about it' [50%]

if it is self thinking (walking in some direction finds a leaf and starts a process for getting it) can be done with thyme/scripts/mechanics, mechanics give more points than script [25]

if it has anything nice/cool like digestive :clap: (it has to be digesting it slowly about 6+ seconds for a leaf) [bonus points, points not getting dragged from in time]

OTHER;

this competitions ends 1/2/2011
I have found a price for the winner xD but it is a secret until 1/2/2011 xD

ask if I forgot anything important ?

normal mode here http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/details.php?id=50635
hard mode here ;coming soon;
"a all new kind of contest" (I guess xD)

NOTE; if anyone makes a good swarm of ants working together as one that person will win big time :mrgreen: but it will be hard
Last edited by CasperFalandysz on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CasperFalandysz

Re: ant creation contest for everyone phun and algodoo

Postby Rideg » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:17 pm

I'm defently going to try this one :thumbup:
make sure to check out my work.
Rideg

Postby TC42 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Ants have six legs.

If I've read the rules correctly, the ant must be autonomous, right?
And yes, you have forgotten to include starting scene...
Spambot wrote:Nowadays, memes usually are studied less in the field of biology, but more with the arena of psychology along with sociology. But, the major area of a meme, getting embraced and imitated all the time is what’s at any core connected with any meme.
TC42

Postby CasperFalandysz » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:48 pm

oh yeah xD will upload one now. and no it dont have to be but it give more points :thumbup:
CasperFalandysz

Postby Ravenplucker » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:50 pm

It is obscenely hard to make something that small due to how Algodoo/phun handles physics. I suggest upping the size limit a lot.
TheWonkits wrote:You can't do cartwheels when you're bored. Biological impossibility; they're fueled by joy.

Phundamentalist
Ravenplucker

Postby davidz40 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Size limit is what makes this interesting :thumbup:
Phundamentalist
davidz40

Postby CasperFalandysz » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:01 pm

bigger sizes is allowed since the map is bigger :thumbup: but if anyone wanna make it realistic then go ahead :thumbup: but then make map smaller also :thumbup:
CasperFalandysz

Postby TC42 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:17 am

Ravenplucker wrote:It is obscenely hard to make something that small due to how Algodoo/phun handles physics. I suggest upping the size limit a lot.

So make a big ant, and scale it down :D
Spambot wrote:Nowadays, memes usually are studied less in the field of biology, but more with the arena of psychology along with sociology. But, the major area of a meme, getting embraced and imitated all the time is what’s at any core connected with any meme.
TC42

Postby Someone Else » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:48 am

Are we allowed to collaborate on this? Because I could probably make a pretty confident 6-legged walker, but it would crawl right over the leaves. Or if I could make the ground immortal, it could simply kill the leaves as it walks by. But neither of those would make you happy. I do have some ideas for very fast digestion, but I do not want to release them here.

But, DOES ANYONE WANT TO COLLABORATE WITH ME IF IT'S LEGAL? If so, because this is a contest, we would have to communicate thru PM, but that probably wouldn't be a big problem.

Really, with enough time, I think I could do about everything you mentioned, except for (a)thinking, and (2)eating.
However, I am not sure -11 days will be enough.

I would not be surprised if Raydeg is the only person who has posted here so far that would be able to create a fully-functioning swarm of ants. Kilinich or RaRaMalum could probably do it, too, but they haven't posted here yet.

It does seem weird, somehow, that the two people I have collaborated with most recently have already posted here.
Matthias Wandel is epic, in my humble opinion.
I love my brain...
TC42 wrote:Also, your sig is too big, please change it.

ARE YA HAPPY NOW?????

Thymechanic/Phundamentalist

Recently, I discovered something a lot of you probably already knew: Minecraft is awesome.
Due to this, I may not be as active as usual for a while.
Someone Else

Postby CasperFalandysz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:42 pm

collabs is allowed :thumbup: as long as the result is good, and about the leaves I would prefer it picking them up with its mouth and then slowly digesting the parts in the mouth :clap: good luck anyone, and yeah I guess rideg could make a ant swarm but he have to many projects ATM, so he don´t have time xD
CasperFalandysz

Postby Rrobba » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:55 pm

Ants have 6 legs.

Also, can this be from an over-head view?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]

Postby CasperFalandysz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:10 pm

then it would match the map and it would be harder I guess :cry: but I can make a map and call it advanced for people wanting to try bird view ant making :thumbup:
CasperFalandysz

Postby Rrobba » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Ok then. I'll get started on something.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]

Postby Someone Else » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:39 am

Now that I know that collaboration is indeed legal, I need somebody to collaborate with. I have built a six-legged walker that gets across the map pretty confidently, but, as I said earlier, it does not know the difference between ground and leaf. Oddly enough, its stride really does look like an insect. And it does not use any stabilizers, other than its own legs. If it could pick up a leaf, the weight would likely crush its legs, so it would need to somehow retract them and sit down to eat. Also, the legs like to get out of sync, so I will need to scale it up, make a drive shaft, and scale it back down. No big deal.
But I doubt I can bake it differentiate between food and nonfood without help.
So, does anyone want to collaborate?
Matthias Wandel is epic, in my humble opinion.
I love my brain...
TC42 wrote:Also, your sig is too big, please change it.

ARE YA HAPPY NOW?????

Thymechanic/Phundamentalist

Recently, I discovered something a lot of you probably already knew: Minecraft is awesome.
Due to this, I may not be as active as usual for a while.
Someone Else

Postby CasperFalandysz » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:21 pm

BTW there was a bug with the red thing hitting stuff and the leaves not hitting heterocollide:=true that is fixed now :thumbup:
CasperFalandysz

Return to Contests