The Awesome Machine - Collab

Work together on Algodoo projects here.

The Awesome Machine - Collab

Postby jobro » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:52 pm

SCRIPTING TOPIC
GAME TOPIC

I guess we can make an collab of the awesome Machine. The awesome Machine is an puzzle based game running on phun/algodoo with you have to place the parts in the level so you get an working "rube goldberg". Those objects can be standard like balls and springs, but think about robots and other things you can use.

For more information view this (click!) topic for the players (like levels, level builders etc).

You can join the team very simple, you just have to make something for the game (like an level, an script, an object, an idea, an concept..!). You will be automatically added to the list, also with the reasons of adding and an estimate of how much you have done. Not on the list? Send me an pm with the link or explanation what you did for the game.

List of Members:
Jobro - Funding of game
Rideg - Scripting
Ducky21 - Levels

Post your ideas here. Here I will also post my tasks.

Last task (No more people needed)
Robot scripting - Rideg
Link(s) -
Rating: rated 5
Filesize: 45.8 kB
Comments: 0
Ratings: 1
download

More tasks will be added. The first one saying he/she will do it will be added. Full is full. No complaining about it please.

Just the house rules for the topic:
-General Forum Rules
-No chit-chatting
-Just about the Awesome Machine
-This topic is for posting an idea, concept, level, script or object. You can also post other things but it has to be related to TAM (the Awesome machine)
-You can use the TAM shortcut, it stands for The Awesome Machine (duh)

~Jobro
Last edited by jobro on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jobro

Re: The Awesome Machine - Collab

Postby Rideg » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:23 am

I'll be posting here fo now. I recommend you make sure everyone does. It's kinda against the rules or what you should cvall it to have the topic in the wrong forum. Plus it looks kinda unprofessional. :wtf:
make sure to check out my work.
Rideg

Postby jobro » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Rideg wrote:I'll be posting here fo now. I recommend you make sure everyone does. It's kinda against the rules or what you should cvall it to have the topic in the wrong forum. Plus it looks kinda unprofessional. :wtf:

I use the other topic from now on to promote all stuff made for the game and the levels!
jobro

Postby Matten » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:47 pm

I think I'll be in for this collab.
I can script and I ahve some expirience with mechanical triggers (especially self-triggering), so you can just give me a task. In the mean time I'll try to create a level (with triggers :P)
Cave Johnson wrote:Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Matten

Postby jobro » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Matten wrote:I think I'll be in for this collab.
I can script and I ahve some expirience with mechanical triggers (especially self-triggering), so you can just give me a task. In the mean time I'll try to create a level (with triggers :P)

Very Good! You can make as much as you want, if i need something especially i will ask you. If you have made something please post it here! :thumbup:
jobro

Postby ducky21 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:44 am

Okay, is there somthing I can make?
ducky21

Postby Rideg » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:56 am

Can I let the robot work go on to Matten? I'm going out off country for a week. I'm sorry I didn't get it done in time. I've just been so busy all the time. Give me something to work on when I come back on Thursday ;)
make sure to check out my work.
Rideg

Postby jobro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Rideg wrote:Can I let the robot work go on to Matten? I'm going out off country for a week. I'm sorry I didn't get it done in time. I've just been so busy all the time. Give me something to work on when I come back on Thursday ;)

Well, I thank you for trying and saying this! Of course I will give the task to Matten! :D
jobro

Postby ducky21 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Do we have any new levels coming out? If you need to feel free to use mine or any part of mine. Also, can I have a task?
ducky21

Postby jobro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:47 pm

ducky21 wrote:Do we have any new levels coming out? If you need to feel free to use mine or any part of mine. Also, can I have a task?

Any more levels? I will try my best! I know it's a pair days ago i uploaded my last.

Ducky, if I have an task for you, I will say it! :D

Let's see... Uhm.

Maybe you can make an nice object? I really need that robot for my next level, but... Oh wait I just see i already made new objects for the new level. I hope I can upload it tonight, but I have volleyballtraining soon.

Just try to make something, an "unofficial" (now it's official, you can make the level 6, but just say if you made an level so i know) or an object. Just try something. If I need you, I PM you ;)
jobro

Postby ducky21 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:00 am

Rating: rated 5.3
Filesize: 281.89 kB
Comments: 2
Ratings: 3
download

punching bag thingy. Not to scale.
ducky21

Postby jobro » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:07 am

ducky21 wrote:
Rating: rated 5.3
Filesize: 281.89 kB
Comments: 2
Ratings: 3
download

punching bag thingy. Not to scale.

Wow, that's really cool! I or make tonight an new level or tomorrow, but sure one of those days. And I'm really gonna use that punching bag!
jobro

Postby jobro » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Rating: rated 5
Filesize: 198.46 kB
Ratings: 1
download

New upload! :thumbup:
jobro

Postby ducky21 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:38 am

wow, these are getting hard. I have no idea how to solve 6.
ducky21

Postby jobro » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:31 am

ducky21 wrote:wow, these are getting hard. I have no idea how to solve 6.

REALLY? Wow, that's nice to know that the levels are gonna get on harder level now. I upload the solution today ;)
EDIT:
Rating: rated 4.5
Filesize: 194.81 kB
Ratings: 2
download

:D
jobro

Postby Nait » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:20 am

I can help you with scripts, making objects and smt else...
As I understand, you need to script robot so, that it works like in CM?
I'll end it in today ;)

PS, I haven't play your scenes yet, but I'll do it now.
Nait

Postby Nait » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:50 am

I've looked at this... and terrified.

If you want to make normal game listen to me -

1. I recommend to end the game engine at first, and than make levels.
Engine - all phunlets, game scripts, performance...

2. Not to reshape old engine, start from scratch.
That wouldn't be hard, believe me)

3. Anything should be ended before something new will be started.

If you follow this advices, I (as one of the craziest mechanics) will joy to help You, if not... that's your decision.
Nait

Postby ducky21 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Nate, why do you think we should do that? And what do you mean by game system? I am not saying I am against you, Nait, just not comprehending. I do think we should get rid of all but one of our fourms.
ducky21

Postby jobro » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Nait wrote:I've looked at this... and terrified.

If you want to make normal game listen to me -

1. I recommend to end the game engine at first, and than make levels.
Engine - all phunlets, game scripts, performance...

2. Not to reshape old engine, start from scratch.
That wouldn't be hard, believe me)

3. Anything should be ended before something new will be started.

If you follow this advices, I (as one of the craziest mechanics) will joy to help You, if not... that's your decision.

Well. Ok. Maybe your right ;)

I have not been part of such an "big project". In my eyes if I start with all the parts for the game, why shouldn't I make some new parts if someone gets on an nice idea? I don't see the problem. If you just have thought of an new level but one part wasn't in the engine, why shouldn't I then add that part so my level can be make.

What you are also saying is to start from zero, so I have to throw away all the levels? It's ok, just asking ;)

I don't get the engine part. I now that's all you need for an game, but why is this engine not good enough? I'm just making some objects and scripts throught the game. I just want your impression about it.

Talking about impression, how is your impression then about this? What am i doing wrong (as I asked above this?)

And i don't get your 3 point. Maybe I'm just a dumb noob, but what should be ended?

Thank you for the advice, if you tell it more detailed i guess we start from zero.

(With zero do you also mean that i have to throw away all the objects I have made? We can keep it for the engine, or not? Otherwise, in my eyes, we are doing some objects 2 times...)

Thank you if you want to react on this long post.

-Jobro
jobro

Postby Nait » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:06 am

ducky21, I think you shouldn't even listen to me, not only do that... But that is my proposal, that I make having some experience in making scenes and some good working brains... (khm, don't want to say that you don't have them :) ).
_________

Well, maybe I'm not speaking correct...
I mean that we have some basic elements. We know all about them - how they works and looks, etc...
And I mean that they should made at beginning, while "new" elements should be really new. There are a lot of things that are not basic, we don't know about them, and they can be added afterwards and explored more.

"Nice idea" is good, but if we know that why don't we make it now?

No, you don't have to throw away your levels, if you want you can consider them as training. ;)

Well, I also go too far, but I'll try to explain... In my opinion Algodoo isn't Phun where you can make your scenes(mean objects of the scene) not smooth a little. In Algodoo you have not only tools that makes perfect boxes, circles, resizes in integer amounts of fraction, CSG etc(this was in Phun also) but also grid that can help to make perfect objects. (and in my opinion, we have decimal scale of notation, so in most of times base of grid should also be decimal)

I think and decide that starting from zero isn't necessary. But principle on which elements are working should be remade.
As example lets take candle... I always thought that if element is interacting with many objects, the essence should be in that element...
I mean, candle should react on objects that are touching it, not inside out.

3 point... again I'm not correct, at first basic elements should be made, than if decision about some parts of the scene is made, those parts should be also made...

Sometimes I may be not very polite or stm like that, and it is supporting by my bad english, but I ask to try to understand me...

With best wishes, Nathaniel.

PS, even longer post, please don't miss it XD
Nait

Postby Nait » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:11 am

PPS Now you have permanent scripter (guess, who can it be :lol: ), so we can make it better :D
Nait

Postby ducky21 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Okay, so correct me if I am wrong, but you want more interactions. Like a ball could:
Bounce
Pop
Float

while other things do different stuff. I like that idea
ducky21

Postby Nait » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:14 am

Yes, just that :)
(If you want smt, ask more, and you'll get just what you asked)
Nait

Postby ducky21 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:49 am

Good Idea! Lol, algodoo powder game. :crazy:
ducky21

Postby jobro » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Aaaah, i get it :D

Yeah, i was thinking about that problem myself. Ok, we just finish world 1, the training and start working with the new objects! It's ok.

Nait, your nait :D

Let's start working... First I have to go to piano class. BRB soon.
jobro

Next

Return to Collab forum