How to make anti algodoo scenes work

Post your tutorials here.

How to make anti algodoo scenes work

Postby chaff » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:23 am

Its seems that a lot of people don't like algodoo. They think phun should be "phree phorever". I say fine, you work on your own physics simulator, and you can make it free to anyone you like. Sounds good? However, some people have gone to the extent to make there scenes not work in algodoo, in order to "free" phun. Here's a couple of methods to make an anti algodoo scene work.

The anti-algodoo unit, the thing that makes algodoo close, requires the simulation to be running, which give us an advantage. While the simulation is paused, we can find the unit(s) and delete it, enabling the scene to work. This can be done in two ways:

Method 1 (Probably the easiest way)

Take Jac0b's Scene for example. Try to open it in algodoo, and it'll exit. No fun (though its not much of a scene to begin with). Jac0b uses RA2lovers anti-algodoo unit, which is hidden in the scene somewhere. The thing is, however, we don't need to go looking for it. Simply select the scene with the box tool (or polygon tool), the plane underneath it, then go to selection, invert selection, and delete. This will delete anything you have not selected (ie, the anti-algodoo device).

Method 2 (a bit harder, but easy nonetheless)

If method number 1 doesn't work and the scene uses scripting, chances are the will be a collider (ie a box and cicrle hitting each other). The command which closes algodoo, system.exit, may be hidden in one of these colliders, which may be vital to the rest of the scene. To find the collider, select the scene, and set everything transparent. Now you should be able to see the collider(s). Click on them, go to scripting menu, and on the onCollide field, look for system.exit, and any other code related to it (ie: an if statement), and delete it. If the scene doesnt work after that, either look for more colliders, use phun, or move on.

Now, hopefully, those who claim phun should be free will stop. Phun is free, algodoo is not, too bad, so sad.
Image My Swagbucks refferal, join if you want
chaff

Re: How to make anti algodoo scenes work

Postby Rhett97 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:43 am

This is usefull for al the phun funeral scenes with them in it.
Peope are over-reacting about the *discount closing* and they want to make sure its phun for free...
but anhewhay this is good
Chronos wrote:There's nothing wrong with swearing. They're just words. People just think they have a bad meaning. What's the difference between shit and poo? Nothing. They're the same.
Rhett97

Postby RicH » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:14 am

Anti-algodoo scenes? My god people are getting stupid now.
Also, viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13
UPDATE

The expiration of the discount does not mean we leave our faithful community members in the cold. If you can prove that you were a really active member in the past, you may qualify for a personal discount. PM me here with relevant information about any of the following: The really cool YouTube videos you posted in the past; Your user name in the phunland forums so that we can see that you were really active there; The really cool scenes you have posted to Phunbox/Algobox in the past; (or other really relevant things you have done for the community!)

Please, understand that we love and appreciate our community, but it is a complex task to administrate a really big and exclusive discount since everyone wants it but few deserve it...
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Torpedo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:53 pm

Ironicly, those who moan about the price and make these scenes will find themselves not eligible for to ask for the discount when they have been a burden to the community lol.

how bad is the problem anyway, i haven't been online for a few days or seen any of these anti-algodoo scenes before then? They don't mess up your copy do they?
Torpedo

Postby RicH » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Torpedo wrote:They don't mess up your copy do they?

Oh of course not. They just close Algodoo when you play them.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Chronos » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:56 pm

just to let you know, some people choose to use lasers to cut up the scene and lag you out to the point that phun crashes. since its meant to be used in phun, just press ctrl+A, go into selection, and select all laser cutters, and hit delete :D
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby Sniperkasa » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Chronos wrote:to the point that phun crashes.

Wait.. huh.. you cant get lasers into PHUN!?
Meaning... how could someone against algodoo add lasers in their scenes.. if they dont have algodoo???
If you have a question, have a dollar and call somebody that cares.
No really just PM me if you have a problem :)
Sniperkasa

Postby thebillsta » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:17 am

yah, that post made no sense whatsoever
thebillsta

Postby Paradigm 29 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:55 pm

You can do some pretty funny stuff with Algodoo scripts. I screwed up RaRa's Algodoo and he had to reset his config... He got revenge of course :(

I'd elaborate, but I don't want to encourage people.
Paradigm 29

Postby RA2lover » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:51 pm

@sniperkasa: scene.addlaserpen() still works in phun edition, but its blocked
Jrv wrote:
TC42 wrote:Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone on 4chan has that good a use of grammar, spelling, usage, mechanics, ect.
But I've never been there, so I may be wrong.

GTFO newfgt
RA2lover

Return to Tutorials