Ultimate Offroad Challenge, 1km

This is a forum for Algodoo contests by our users. An official contest forum will be announced shortly.

Re: Ultimate Offroad Challenge, 1km

Postby RA2lover » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:03 am

contest already ended. the baja 1000 contest was done on the old phunland site...
Jrv wrote:
TC42 wrote:Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone on 4chan has that good a use of grammar, spelling, usage, mechanics, ect.
But I've never been there, so I may be wrong.

GTFO newfgt
RA2lover

Postby rc26204 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Hey Frank,

I know the contest is over, but i have a request for you.

Could you evaluate my newest Drop Droid on this course?
It will be a while before i can post it, but I would like to have it's performance judged. :)

It will fit all of the orignal contest's rules.
I think it will be done around June 1st.

Thanks for just reading this. :D
rc26204

Postby Frank » Thu May 20, 2010 1:56 am

Sure.
Made some cool stuff a long time ago
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]

Postby rc26204 » Thu May 20, 2010 5:21 pm

rc26204

Postby Rrobba » Sat May 22, 2010 7:23 pm

I might upload a scene I'm completing soon too. And yes, I know the contest is ended but I'd like it to be judged.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]

Postby rc26204 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:31 pm

Frank,

It is ready for Testing. :D

Let me know what you think, or things that need work.

Here is the link to the DropDroid ATV 1.5 that I created;
http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/details.php?id=42337
rc26204

Postby gnsjake1 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:04 am

fuckkkk i spent like 7 hours making one and i dint even no that the contest was overrrrrrr
By gnsjake at 2010-05-21
gnsjake1

Postby Under Ground » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Adding extra 'R's wont do much to be honest.
But
Sux 2 B U
Under Ground

Postby Mystery » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:18 am

I highly doubt he spent 7 hours, over exaggeration much.
If he did spend 7 hours his scene should still be good enough to have an impact on the Algobox community.
Mystery

Postby RA2lover » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:34 am

nah - i've spent 9 hours making the portuguese 1.6.0 algodoo translation, and i think only 3 persons were able to use it(the pirated 1.6.0 doesn't support my translation, and brazil has too much piracy)...
Jrv wrote:
TC42 wrote:Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone on 4chan has that good a use of grammar, spelling, usage, mechanics, ect.
But I've never been there, so I may be wrong.

GTFO newfgt
RA2lover

Postby Dakta » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:20 pm

RA2lover wrote:nah - i've spent 9 hours making the portuguese 1.6.0 algodoo translation, and i think only 3 persons were able to use it(the pirated 1.6.0 doesn't support my translation, and brazil has too much piracy)...

rofl
.. ,__,_____
. / __.==--" - - - - - - - - ""
./#(-'
.`-' From http://www.ascii-art.de/. Modded by me to work in Arial. Image
a Mammoth wrote:be boring and interesting.

Mystery wrote:If you were jailbreaker you shouldn't have when't up the 3.1.3
I didn't know you could go up 3.1.3! Thanks Mystery person!
Dakta

Postby Frank » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:30 am

I'm a little surprised at the 7-hour claim, too. Especially if the frame was borrowed. I've seen that frame and suspension before, and I was never impressed by it. The parachute idea is neat, but I never needed it. The only times it broke with anything close to regularity were on the elevator, and using it there would require some serious timing that I didn't want to bother attempting. It's good to see a self-righting arm, and I'm a bit surprised about how well it keeps its footing.

The suspension is much more complicated than it needs to be, and I think it needs a little less damping. The wheels could use to be lighter too. Light wheels make the suspension less clunky. Just make sure you don't raise the center of gravity too high and make sure your suspension doesn't explode, because those things can happen with extremely light wheels. Personally, I'd drop the leaf part of the suspension and just use springs. Less lag, higher performance, fewer things to worry about. Hinge suspension stopped working so well after Phun 5.XX

The self-righting arm got stuck inside the body sometimes. This happened for two reasons: one, it's a polygon and polygon collisions aren't handled as nicely as circles and boxes. Two, it's held in place by collisions. Hit it hard enough, and you can get anything to pass into and through anything else. If you don't want something to break, hold it in place with springs, hinges, and/or chains of some kind. Many of my offroad cars can be dragged straight through a wall and snap back together on the other side with no issues, because I make sure that A: nothing relies on collisions to hold it in place, and B: between the hinges, springs, and chains, there is only one possible resting position for every part.

Overall, not impressed by the design, but it performs surprisingly well for the apparent workmanship.

EDIT: Oh, 1.7.4 is supposed to have better polygon handling! If you didn't notice issues with the righting arm, feel free to disregard what I said about collisions.
Made some cool stuff a long time ago
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]

Postby rc26204 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:20 am

Thanks Frank. :D. After all, it is a prototype. I am going to try to fix the sepension problem. and maybe i will add the water crossing feature when i have the other problems fixed.

I have a cargo flying machine that is in it's third version. and the Drop droid is designed to be in it's cargo bay and can be droped from the flying machine. Therefore the overall vechile is pretty light. most parts ave a density of about 0.2 to 0.7.

Let me know if you care to see the final version when i am done.
rc26204

Previous

Return to Contests