Cars

This is a forum for Algodoo contests by our users. An official contest forum will be announced shortly.

Cars

Postby rockerkid10 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:57 am

Ok, my first contest! For this we will start out with something simple that has many ways to make it your own. It's very simple, design a car. I don't care how you do it, as long as it uses a minimum of two circles and a maximum of two circles. The award goes for best looking car, and best performance car. And the winners will get something special, i dont know what it will be yet, but they will.

Your car will be based on a scale of 10 in both catagories. Best Looking and Best Performance.

CONTEST ENDS SEPTEMBER 11th
Last edited by rockerkid10 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
rockerkid10

Re: Cars

Postby Jrv » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:48 am

I agree with Conundrummer. There should be a post limit on contests.
Bang
Jrv
[Best Musician 2010] [Funniest Person 2010] [Most Infamous Member 2010]

Postby Torpedo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:19 am

What i think actually is we need some simple starter contests started up. none of the new members have a contest that is on their level to post in, so they dont have any good examples or places to start entering themselves.

i dont blame rocketkid for starting a contest at all given the situation.
Torpedo

Postby Jrv » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:23 am

Are you kidding me? Look at my "Save the town" contest. It's simple, noob-friendly, and has a very well put together set of rules, objectives, etc. If anything, they should look at that and copy the style.
Bang
Jrv

Postby Conundrumer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:38 am

JrvUnleashed wrote:Are you kidding me? Look at my "Save the town" contest. It's simple, noob-friendly, and has a very well put together set of rules, objectives, etc. If anything, they should look at that and copy the style.

We need more contests like yours. New people are probably not going to take a look at other contests before going ahead to make their own.
Conundrumer

Postby Jrv » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:45 am

I plan on making more simple contests after my current one expires on Friday. My goal is to always have at least 1 noob-friendly contest for people to join, so they don't feel left out. They'll usually be on a pre-built scene where you have to complete an objective on said screen, like saving something, destroying something, etc. You know, like the old days, where contests were actually creative, and not just "Build the best <Insert machine here>" Hopefully, they'll see the style, and if they have an interesting contest to contribute to, they'll follow it.
Bang
Jrv

Postby rockerkid10 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:12 am

excuse me? i am not a noob, i've been around phun since it started. I've just not been one of those ppl that their whole life is about phun. Seriously guys, does anybody have any relavent information on the topic? this is very simple, very easy.
rockerkid10

Postby Jrv » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:20 am

May not a be a noob at phun/Algodoo, but you're a noob at making contests clearly. Not only is it an incredibly bland contest, but it has no rules, a very broad objective, no serious effort put into the Original post, etc. Seriously, look at my contest, and then look at yours. Which one looks more fun to join? You have to put thought and effort into your contests, or no one will put thought or effort into their entries. I suggest reading contests like mine, conundrummers, or any other senior forum member to figure out what I'm talking about.
Bang
Jrv

Postby rockerkid10 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:23 am

JrvUnleashed wrote:May not a be a noob at phun/Algodoo, but you're a noob at making contests clearly. Not only is it an incredibly bland contest, but it has no rules, a very broad objective, no serious effort put into the Original post, etc. Seriously, look at my contest, and then look at yours. Which one looks more fun to join? You have to put thought and effort into your contests, or no one will put thought or effort into their entries. I suggest reading contests like mine, conundrummers, or any other senior forum member to figure out what I'm talking about.

alright then, what would you put in something like this to "spice" it up?
rockerkid10

Postby Jrv » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:28 am

Bang
Jrv

Postby Dezzeron » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:02 pm

CAN I POST ONE BEFORE IT ENDS!?!?! Never mind...
Check out my stuff HERE!
MY WEB SITE HERE!

Sorry, I just had to.

Phundamentalist!
Mystery wrote:I'm convinced that dezzerons scenes are all epic. He's one of the biggest underdogs of algobox.
Dezzeron

Return to Contests