Do you think algodoo/phun need multicore support

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 13

another try

Postby Bronie12345 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:59 pm

i know this has been suggested for sooooooooooooo many times, but i really think we need it.
(i also know some ppl who stopped playing algodoo/phun for not having it)

multi-core support

More and more people are having multiple CPU cores in their computers, which are unused by algodoo / phun.
Also, there are even people with 8 cores inside their computer, where only one gets used by algodoo / phun.

Why leave all this processing power unused, and have lagg, when we have more available??

Advantages of multi-core:
More processing power
parallel calculating (seeming most calculations inside algodoo aren't dedicated to the previous calculation (within the same step))

Disadvantages for single-core users:
There will be a little bit of more lagg (because there are a bit more lines of coding for those also...)
When you make a comment at a scene, at least be brave enough to subscribe to that scene...
Don't go into a topic unprepared... Read the whole topic, including all the comments, before posting.

92% of teenagers have resorted to rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, put this in your signature.
90% of teenagers today would die if Myspace/Facebook were completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% who would be laughing their heads off, add this to your signature.
Bronie12345

Re: another try

Postby Chronos » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Bronie12345 wrote:i know this has been suggested for sooooooooooooo many times

Then why'd you post it? You know they're working on it. I'm pretty sure they've said that before. Seriously, use your common sense.
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby Bronie12345 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:18 pm

yeah, like they said the phunland forum wasn't gonna be closed, and they are saying there's going to be multicore support since version 3.5 or so... So, on that part, i don't believe them that much...

apart from that, they're ding a good job ;)
When you make a comment at a scene, at least be brave enough to subscribe to that scene...
Don't go into a topic unprepared... Read the whole topic, including all the comments, before posting.

92% of teenagers have resorted to rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, put this in your signature.
90% of teenagers today would die if Myspace/Facebook were completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% who would be laughing their heads off, add this to your signature.
Bronie12345

Postby Mystery » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Chronos they need to know there is a demand. Yes, it is obvious for you that there is a demand for multi-core throughout the community but you are 9.19% of the community.
Mystery

Postby Chronos » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm pretty sure they know people want multi-core support.
Chronos

Postby Bronie12345 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:37 pm

i also know they are experimenting with GPU processing, so i guess, they will insert multi-core support in about 1 or 2 updates before that...

Bronie12345

Postby Chronos » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:53 pm

Then why the hell did you post it?
Chronos

Postby Bronie12345 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Chronos, this is one of those times when i need a third party face palm xD
you got a good point..

but i posted this before i found out about that.

Bronie12345

Postby Sonic » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:20 pm

Enjoy, Bronie.
I do stuff and break things. You know how it is.
Sonic

Postby Kutis 96 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:27 am

Euhmmm... Chronos, i think WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS IDEA , BUT NOT ABOUT THAT HOW MANY TIMES IT WAS POSTED BEFORE!!!

Noone wants UNCONSTRUCTIVE CRITICS, like you.

If you think that re-posting is a kind of spam, i think you made with your bad and useless comments more spam than any spambot.
And alot more than someone that wants to memorize forgotten idea...

If you're 9,19% of the comunity, it must be 9,2% of the community stupid.
I'm back! (not really!)

I'm also making real hardware, sometimes.
Kutis 96

Postby Chronos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 am

Alright! It's time to play "Let's Correct Kutis and Make Him Look Like an Idiot"!

Kutis 96 wrote:Euhmmm... Chronos, i think WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS IDEA , BUT NOT ABOUT THAT HOW MANY TIMES IT WAS POSTED BEFORE!!!

Wow! Bold and red! If that doesn't say "immature," I don't know what does! But really, if it's been suggested as many times as it has, it's already been talked about.

Kutis 96 wrote:Noone wants UNCONSTRUCTIVE CRITICS, like you.

I wasn't being a critic at all, actually.

Kutis 96 wrote:If you think that re-posting is a kind of spam, i think you made with your bad and useless comments more spam than any spambot.

Reposting is spam when you know you're reposting and it's useless to try. Also, you need to learn what spam really is.

Kutis 96 wrote:And alot more than someone that wants to memorize forgotten idea...

Well, Algoryx has already said they're working on it, so the idea wasn't forgotten.

Kutis 96 wrote:If you're 9,19% of the comunity, it must be 9,2% of the community stupid.

That made absolutely no sense.

Seriously, Bronie admitted that this had been posted before, yet he still did it. Algoryx knows about it. Bronie admitted his mistake. Everything was fine until you came along. Seriously, Kutis, you won't win against me, so just stop trying.
Chronos

Postby Bronie12345 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:37 am

epic win for chronos!! oh, and kutis.. no offense, but grow up.. (you're not the only one)

Bronie12345

Postby Matten » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:08 pm

I think Kutis hates Chronos, now he's not the only one (I think), but Kutis even bumps topics to show that he hates Chronos.
And then Chronos lets Kutis look like an idiot, so Kutis hates him even more!
It's a kind of perpetum mobile, so this would actually never stop, it can only be less.
Cave Johnson wrote:Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Matten

Postby Kutis 96 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:00 am

Yeah, that's true. But it could be stopped. I know some ways...

Some are just for only one talk and then it will be good and some are a bit brutal 8-) :lol: ... I prefer the first way :thumbup:
I'm back! (not really!)

I'm also making real hardware, sometimes.
Kutis 96

Postby Mystery » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:20 am

Hint: Think about what you are posting before you press submit.
Mystery

Postby RicH » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Chronos wrote:
Kutis 96 wrote:If you're 9,19% of the comunity, it must be 9,2% of the community stupid.

Mystery said that you were 9.19% of the community. Kutis suggested that 9.19% of the community was stupid. Therefore, he suggested you are stupid.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Chronos » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:26 am

RicH wrote:
Chronos wrote:

Mystery said that you were 9.19% of the community. Kutis suggested that 9.19% of the community was stupid. Therefore, he suggested you are stupid.

Even though he never said which 9.2% of the community is stupid. :lol: Since he didn't actually specify it was me, I'm thinking he's talking about the spambots and trolls.
Chronos

Postby Mystery » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:17 am

Even if he suggested a random 9.2% of the community was stupid you would receive to biggest portion of the stupid.
Mystery

Postby Chronos » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:41 am

Mystery wrote:Even if he suggested a random 9.2% of the community was stupid you would receive to biggest portion of the stupid.

Umm... You're calling me stupid? Did you even read what you just posted? :lol:
Chronos

Postby RicH » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:43 am

Chronos wrote:
RicH wrote:Mystery said that you were 9.19% of the community. Kutis suggested that 9.19% of the community was stupid. Therefore, he suggested you are stupid.

Even though he never said which 9.2% of the community is stupid. :lol: Since he didn't actually specify it was me, I'm thinking he's talking about the spambots and trolls.

Common sense.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Chronos » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:45 am

RicH wrote:
Chronos wrote:
RicH wrote:Mystery said that you were 9.19% of the community. Kutis suggested that 9.19% of the community was stupid. Therefore, he suggested you are stupid.

Common sense.

Well to be honest, he didn't really word it correctly. Still, he shouldn't call people stupid if he doesn't even know what spam really is. :P
Chronos

Postby Mystery » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Chronos wrote:
Mystery wrote:Even if he suggested a random 9.2% of the community was stupid you would receive to biggest portion of the stupid.

Umm... You're calling me stupid? Did you even read what you just posted? :lol:

Here i have 3 people
o O .
Bob Terry Nick

If 10 percent of the lot of them was stupid, Nick would have the least amount of stupid and Terry would have the most.
This is assuming people aren't integers :) this is a nice example of a logical fallacy, right?
Mystery

Postby Rideg » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Multicore support for the win. It would be REALLY nice to get some external cores and make a hige a$$motherfu***** simulation of the time :D
make sure to check out my work.
Rideg

Return to Suggestions