Tool Creator

Suggestions for Algodoo Phun Edition.

Tool Creator

Postby Momizer » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Well... This is my first thread and post so I'll make it good. Maybe you guyz should add a tool creator like you can make your own tools.

EX:
Triangle Tool [To make triangles easier without the Polygon tool.]
Grid Tool [Already exists.]
Script Tool [Gives a list of scripts for you to insert.]
Polygon Tool Pro [Gives a list of any type of shape you want to instert.]

If you make this it would be much easier to build. :lol:
I use: Algodoo
I like using sliders with springs.
Momizer

Re: Tool Creator

Postby standardtoaster » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:16 pm

You can make a triangle easily with the polygon tool.
The grid is available in Algodoo.
Algodoo/A:PE was designed as a physics sandbox not a scripting sandbox. If you want to have scripts in a scene go learn a bit of thyme.
You can use karatebrot's polygon making scene for the "polygon tool pro."
Rating: rated 8.5
Filesize: 14.76 kB
Comments: 13
Ratings: 20
download
standardtoaster

Postby izacque » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:01 am

how is this a "tool creator" it looks like just a bunch of new tools to fuck around with
[/post]
Paradigm 29 wrote:I've been trying to figure out why people even buy hummers ever since I found out that they don't have machine guns.
izacque

Postby RicH » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:52 am

AFAIK, no game can ever do that. The game can't tell what you want. :\
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Momizer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm only 10. And if PHUN was a miracle. So is a tool creator.
Momizer

Postby izacque » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:39 pm

phun is not a miracle. It is programed using the completely known and understood laws of macroscopic physics. A tool creator, at this point in history, would be a miracle. I assume that since you're ten, you wouldn't want the creator to be script-based. what you are asking for is an artificially intelligent tool that can translate any of your ideas into a tool. artificial intelligence is not yet fully understood. the most prestigious labs in the world are still trying to figure it out.
[/post]
Paradigm 29 wrote:I've been trying to figure out why people even buy hummers ever since I found out that they don't have machine guns.
izacque

Postby RicH » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:50 am

Momizer wrote:I'm only 10. And if PHUN was a miracle. So is a tool creator.

You need to learn a lot then before making any suggestions.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Sonic » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Give the kid a break. He probably assumed, like most kids, that computers were near-magic and could think for themsleves and all you had to do was tell it to do something and it would automatically do it.
I do stuff and break things. You know how it is.
Sonic

Postby izacque » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:07 am

kid's gotta learn sometime...
[/post]
izacque

Postby Sonic » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:00 pm

Yeah, I'm sure you were so smart at 10.
[/sarcasm]
I do stuff and break things. You know how it is.
Sonic

Postby izacque » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:28 pm

I would have loved it if someone took the time to teach me instead of assuming that since I'm 10, they should go easy on me and teach me how to play reader rabbit.
[/post]
izacque

Postby Momizer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:11 pm

I'm not trying to argue, but I DONT think computer is magic. I could brake into my computer naw, but then I'll break it. Before 5.28 came out I used 4.22, played it when I was 7. Oh and my uncle was the one who found phun. :|
Momizer

Postby RicH » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:09 am

Momizer wrote:I'm not trying to argue, but I DONT think computer is magic. I could brake into my computer naw, but then I'll break it. Before 5.28 came out I used 4.22, played it when I was 7. Oh and my uncle was the one who found phun. :|

So you're 8? :problem:
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby izacque » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:59 am

Momizer wrote:I'm not trying to argue, but I DONT think computer is magic. I could brake into my computer naw, but then I'll break it. Before 5.28 came out I used 4.22, played it when I was 7. Oh and my uncle was the one who found phun. :|

A computer is simply a set of wires with electricity running through them. some wires have electricity in them, some wires don't. the wires can change which has electricity and which doesn't by going through "gates" (special sets of wires that can change ability for a wire to keep its electricity). A program (like phun) is basically instructions that tell the computer which wires to turn on and off.

This is an EXTREMELY simplified version of what goes on. As you can see, there is no miracle here. the miracle at this point in time would be a "tool creator"

BTW, if you're actually interested in how your computer works, PM me and I can teach you from the ground up. Like I said, When I was a kid, I had so many questions about computers, but all they ever taught me was how to play reader rabbit's picnic party.
[/post]
izacque

Postby RA2lover » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:13 pm

you can create tools easily - use thyme functions for that. i made some functions before(not shown to public - still need debugging), like ammo spawners, circle-based softwheels, ball bearings :P , and even a tank spawner(2 second lag included)...

they are easy to do, but not UI-implementable...
Jrv wrote:
TC42 wrote:Quite honestly, I didn't think anyone on 4chan has that good a use of grammar, spelling, usage, mechanics, ect.
But I've never been there, so I may be wrong.

GTFO newfgt
RA2lover

Postby izacque » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:25 am

yes, but we're assuming that this child want's a more user friendly version, :roll:
[/post]
izacque

Postby ioncann0ns » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:08 am

You also assumed that he assumed computers were magic.
You were wrong then as well.
ioncann0ns

Postby izacque » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:12 am

I never assumed he believed they were magic. RicH did. I was working off the fact that he thought PHUN was a miracle.
[/post]
izacque

Postby ioncann0ns » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:54 am

Same difference.
Anyway, this would be a good idea if altered slightly.
Like a "clipboard" type thing.
ioncann0ns

Postby izacque » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:50 am

not same difference. You accused me of assuming. I didn't assume anything. The kid said himself that he tough PHUN was a miracle. maybe we should read the poss before opening our big mouth, hmmm? :|
[/post]
izacque

Postby ioncann0ns » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:56 am

If you want to put it that way, let's get technical.
"You" can be plural or singular. I made no specifications as to whether I meant it in singular or plural.
It was posted earlier in the topic that,
He probably assumed, like most kids, that computers were near-magic

in using "You" I grouped all the topic's posters together and referred to them with "You".
I stated that the assumption was posted, which was true. I, however, cannot be validly accused of false accusations due to my word choice. In addition, before telling me to,
...read the pos[t]...

you may want to have your own facts straight. It was Sonic who posted regarding kids' assumptions toward electrical magic.
ioncann0ns

Postby RicH » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:42 am

izacque wrote:I never assumed he believed they were magic. RicH did. I was working off the fact that he thought PHUN was a miracle.

The hell, if considering Phun a MIRACLE and that it was possible to create a tool from mere ideas isn't magic, I don't know what is.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby izacque » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:36 am

>.<
ok, I failed a bit there. I never stated that I agreed with sonic. RicH never said that either. (well, he kinda did just now, but disregard that.) You assumed that everybody who posted was in total agreement. a silly assumption if you notice the little banter being thrown around before you posted.
[/post]
izacque

Postby ioncann0ns » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:06 am

izacque wrote:>.<
ok, I failed a bit there. I never stated that I agreed with sonic. RicH never said that either. (well, he kinda did just now, but disregard that.) You assumed that everybody who posted was in total agreement. a silly assumption if you notice the little banter being thrown around before you posted.

I didn't assume it was total agreement, I assumed a general opinion. The same works in elections, they aren't going to get a 100% agreement, so they take the majority. It really isn't an assumption with a majority.

We're quite off topic however...
ioncann0ns

Postby azrael300 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:05 am

im 11 and laptop is not majic and majic dosent exsit and it canot have a mind of its own but well if it warnt a laptop or computer well only someho you know how to transfer brain cells.you could add brain cellsto musheens you can add brain cells to the masheans core.and i wach to much science chanel and natinal geografic and it has bin done only that the musheens are retarded wen if thay have a macanical arm,hand and fingers when you tell it to pick up a red ball sometimes thay pick up a diffrent obgect or if you tell it to drop something well you get the point.
azrael300

Next

Return to Suggestions