Why do scenes get saved in weird locations?

If you have problems installing or running Algodoo Phun Edition, this is where you can get help.
This is also where you should post any bug reports relating to Algodoo Phun Edition.

Why do scenes get saved in weird locations?

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:09 am

I recently installed Phun on my laptop and when i went to the scenes folder in my programs to test a scene in Algodoo, i didn't find the scene i was making. When i did a search on my computer i found that it is stored in Appdata. The scene could still be loaded and saved in Phun.
Something similar happened to the Buick LeSabre, i lost the scene in 2013 when i was almost done with it and switched my computer, thought it had been erased somehow, but rediscovered it the next year and finished it.
I have to keep moving the file over to scenes, i'm wondering why this happens.
MrLucasManSwe

Re: Why do scenes get saved in weird locations?

Postby Kilinich » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:08 pm

Algodoo 2.1?
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Postby electronicboy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:10 am

That's the super old version of Algodoo that saved stuff inside its own program folder as it was around before UAC (Windows Vista+ 'You're not the admin even though you're the admin' system), so Windows stores stuff inside a virtual store for compatibility as older programs expect to write there.

I would honestly suggest downloading the latest version of Algodoo which saves stuff inside the My Documents folder where applications can write freely.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:06 pm

electronicboy wrote:That's the super old version of Algodoo that saved stuff inside its own program folder as it was around before UAC (Windows Vista+ 'You're not the admin even though you're the admin' system), so Windows stores stuff inside a virtual store for compatibility as older programs expect to write there.

I would honestly suggest downloading the latest version of Algodoo which saves stuff inside the My Documents folder where applications can write freely.

I've had Algodoo for several years, i guess getting Phun on a windows 10 wasn't such a brilliant idea. I tried moving over the files from virtual store to my x86 but i corrupted it and ended up uninstalling. Phun works flawlessly on Windows 7 for me, and they save in x86. It's just that building destructible things is easier in Phun and it's more ergonomic for what i do, so i have stuck with it, i will have to finish this scene in Algodoo like i did with the B-25. I've been told that i can go into the console and customize Algodoo to make it more like Phun using commands.
MrLucasManSwe

Return to Help / Bug reports