Supreme walker

Forum for collaboration projects in Algodoo Phun Edition.

Re: Supreme walker

Postby Endre! » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Dude.. practice makes perfect! Keep going, and you will be good.
Endre!

Postby Tank2333 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:37 am

Endre! wrote:Dude.. practice makes perfect! Keep going, and you will be good.

well that is not realy helpfull comment XD
I AM Phundamentalist

Rating: rated 7.3
Filesize: 130.15 kB
Comments: 7
Ratings: 8
download
Newest Scene
Tank2333

Postby davidz40 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:03 am

Walkers usually need both damping and stabiliser to cross obstacles. You can use springs (harder) or low density feet attached to the leg with hinges (easier).
Phundamentalist
davidz40

Postby Asolpdrag » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:24 pm

Sniperkasa wrote:I'd so like to join this but.. Idk why it is that my walkers usually end upp failing.. they walk correctly when on a plane.. but even a small difference in the ground and poof...

Sorry to reply so late but I wasn't able until now, but what do you want to be?
It doesn´t matter that your walker don't stand, with the suggestions of davidz40 you can solve it, good luck.
Asolpdrag

Postby Sniperkasa » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:22 pm

Actually.. I could try scripting an walker.. like an HUMAN walker... I've become kind of good at hinge and spring scripting and sequencing.. if this is'nt an phundamentalist collab :) :roll:
'Cause I could make mechanical stuff.. but I dont got time for that, and I like scripting as I'm also interested in Electicity, wich is (quite) similar to thyme, for example. I got an electricity kit at home wich I can make cars and light systems... I've actually made a house with it :D (it has lightswitches and everything :) just one battery in it :D )
If you have a question, have a dollar and call somebody that cares.
No really just PM me if you have a problem :)
Sniperkasa

Postby Asolpdrag » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Sniperkasa wrote:Actually.. I could try scripting an walker.. like an HUMAN walker... I've become kind of good at hinge and spring scripting and sequencing.. if this is'nt an phundamentalist collab :) :roll:
'Cause I could make mechanical stuff.. but I dont got time for that, and I like scripting as I'm also interested in Electicity, wich is (quite) similar to thyme, for example. I got an electricity kit at home wich I can make cars and light systems... I've actually made a house with it :D (it has lightswitches and everything :) just one battery in it :D )

ok thats good :thumbup:
Asolpdrag

Postby Sniperkasa » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:25 pm

I was thinking something like this -
Rating: rated 5.6
Filesize: 12.01 kB
Comments: 6
Ratings: 3
download

Though walking.. not jumping like it is now..
If you have a question, have a dollar and call somebody that cares.
No really just PM me if you have a problem :)
Sniperkasa

Postby Tank2333 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:31 am

i didnt uploaded much these days but finally i can get algodoo next week so it think i will build my brainstormed concepts ^^

but to say i may create my own collab to set a more focused goal
I AM Phundamentalist

download
Newest Scene
Tank2333

Postby Asolpdrag » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Tank2333 wrote:i didnt uploaded much these days but finally i can get algodoo next week so it think i will build my brainstormed concepts ^^

but to say i may create my own collab to set a more focused goal

what goal?
Asolpdrag

Postby Bronie12345 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:36 pm

if you want your walker to be able of climbing walls and/or ceilings, use this as feet
you might wanna make it stronger by making the small boxes (the ones at the end where it holds on to the wall) have higher density

simple as that
or change the script (for the none-noobz)

anyway, might be usefull for some projects
When you make a comment at a scene, at least be brave enough to subscribe to that scene...
Don't go into a topic unprepared... Read the whole topic, including all the comments, before posting.

92% of teenagers have resorted to rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, put this in your signature.
90% of teenagers today would die if Myspace/Facebook were completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% who would be laughing their heads off, add this to your signature.
Bronie12345

Postby Tank2333 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:36 am

yeah ability to go up stairs is a goal but right now its far away because i dont want to "cheat" the walker should be able to go it up on himself

ill explain further next week but to say it i dont want to use thyme as much as possible i know it wont work without but keeping it low has high priority to me
I AM Phundamentalist

download
Newest Scene
Tank2333

Postby Bronie12345 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:32 am

i made a new version wich you can turn off
might be handy for some walkers
and personally, i dont see it as cheating
i see it as suction pads
When you make a comment at a scene, at least be brave enough to subscribe to that scene...
Don't go into a topic unprepared... Read the whole topic, including all the comments, before posting.

92% of teenagers have resorted to rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listens to real music, put this in your signature.
90% of teenagers today would die if Myspace/Facebook were completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% who would be laughing their heads off, add this to your signature.
Bronie12345

Postby Chronos » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:16 pm

Bronie12345 wrote:i made a new version wich you can turn off
might be handy for some walkers
and personally, i dont see it as cheating
i see it as suction pads

Tell me, have you ever seen a walking robot have suction pads powerful enough to scale walls? Since that would be the only use for suction cups, and since that's impossible in real life (unless the cups were a few feet in diameter and the robot had enough force to push the air out and then pop them off, which I doubt it would be), I don't see why suction cups would be real.

I know I'm not in this collab, but I just thought I'd point that out. ;)
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby Bronie12345 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:24 pm

well, they can be realistic, seeming you can climb buildings in real-life with suction cups...

Bronie12345

Postby davidz40 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:45 pm

There are materials that imitate gecko's foot that can lift a lot of weight easily.
Phundamentalist
davidz40

Postby Bronie12345 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:53 pm

anyway, im going to 'unsubscribe' to this topic, so i won't be replying anymore in here
unless you somehow get my attention ;)

Bronie12345

Postby Chronos » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:48 pm

Bronie12345 wrote:well, they can be realistic, seeming you can climb buildings in real-life with suction cups...

Do you weigh many tons? ;)

davidz40 wrote:There are materials that imitate gecko's foot that can lift a lot of weight easily.

I doubt it could lift a walker.
Chronos

Postby davidz40 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Chronos wrote:
davidz40 wrote:There are materials that imitate gecko's foot that can lift a lot of weight easily.

I think it could. I saw a documentary program about it some time ago, and inventors stated that one square meter of such material can lift few tonnes. (that's still less than real gecko's foot lol)
Phundamentalist
davidz40

Postby algadoodle123 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:36 pm

can you make your suction cup able to work on phun please???
**/\ /\
>( ' ; ' )<***<---------- cat
*((")("))
i'm right-side-up
uʍop-ǝpısdn ɯ,ı
http://www.sherv.net/flip.html
algadoodle123

Postby Chronos » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:16 am

davidz40 wrote:
Chronos wrote:

I think it could. I saw a documentary program about it some time ago, and inventors stated that one square meter of such material can lift few tonnes. (that's still less than real gecko's foot lol)

Still, if it was walking straight up a wall, the top of the walker would eventually bend backwards until it finally falls, breaks, or becomes immovable.
Chronos

Postby LLamaman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Unless it's more down low, with two pairs of legs, like a gecko,
Algodoo/phun chat group -> http://xat.com/Algodoo_Phun

Build a bot for the tournament! viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3253
Rules available in scene

Dreamland, the weird non-nonsensical adventure where only the laws of fiction apply!
http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/details. ... p?id=31336
Try the rest of the series!
LLamaman

Previous

Return to Collab forum