Has been a long time

Introduce yourself to the Algodoo community!

Has been a long time

Postby Jelmerholland » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:07 am

Hello there guys,

I was using Phun in the early days (Phun profile), my last time online on Algodoo was back in July 2010 and after a new video by K. Ilinich, I was wondering: is my account still there. And yes it is.

I see a lot has changed, a lot of new awesome scenes have been submitted and people are getting better every time. I must have my license key somewhere in my inbox or desktop pc when Algodoo costed $5 for bèta testing, so if that one is still valid, I am going to install it once again and have look at the Thyme scripting (is it still called that way?).

Programming wasn't one of my skills, until a couple of years ago. Right now I am a PHP developer, so I hope I can get my self into Thyme and figure out the syntax (shouldn't be too hard :) ).

I hope to see you guys around once more and maybe I will be back :)

Cee ya

Jelmer
Jelmerholland

Re: Has been a long time

Postby Kilinich » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:26 am

welcome back :D
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Postby electronicboy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:38 am

Welcome back!

And yep, still called thyme :D
Also, there is a web page to resend your key to your inbox, I'm on my phone now so I'm not in the mood for looking, but I'm sure it will be there on the first page! :D
Your key will still be valid, in fact, for the release of 2,0, everyone got a free upgrade to algodoo for education, as we did buy algodoo with the plots! (Algodoo physics has no graph or grid)

PHP is a nice language, I'm trying to learn it more, however I sometimes find myself getting distracted and not finishing.... Or even starting for that matter...

Hope too see you around more!
(No, my English probably hasn't improved since you last read it 2 years ago! :D )

/Electronicboy
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby Jelmerholland » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:20 pm

@Electronicboy,

Yeah I remember you. Nice to see you have become a moderator or admin.

Is it true that the €2,99 Algodoo pack is the complete version? I remember I bought it for €5,- in the early days, so I am not sure whether it is the full version or not.

I am talking about this one:
https://www.algodoo.com/webshop/info.php?product=28

Because I think I have to re-register, I can't get access to my old hotmail account anymore, so I will have to register once again.

I can't get access to my phunbox as well, can an admin change the e-mail for me? To my Gmail? So I can request a new password and get access to my old account again :)
Jelmerholland

Postby electronicboy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:29 pm

I'll refer the post to Emanuel, I currently don't have access to the admin systems on the algobox page, I'm pretty sure that he'll be able to sort you out!

Also, the €2.99 one doesn't have grid or plotting, If you speak to Emanuel, he should be able to retrieve your licence for you!

Also thanks, I'm currently trying to tackle the spam issue... The situation has improved recently behind the scenes, just need to see if I can clear it up a bit more...

/Electronicboy
electronicboy

Postby Emanuel » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi Jelmerholland and welcome back!

If you send an email to algodoo@algoryx.se with you purchase information (email, name and address), I can send you the license information.
However, the email cannot be changed since it is written into the license key, but it should not be needed when you have the license information.

/ Emanuel
Algodoo Developer
Emanuel

Postby Jelmerholland » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:04 am

@Electronicboy,

Ah okay. Tnx. And nice, I hope the forums will get cleaner by the day. Why doesn't Algoryx use a more customized script which is linked to the algobox as well? Now I have to login twice.

@Emanuel
It's not about the license key anymore, I found it and I successfully activated it once again. Thanks though! But another problem arises, I am not able to login to my Algobox anymore. I want to login so I don't have to make a new user and let Jelmerholland become a ghost, so if it's possible I would like to change the mail registered to my algobox, to my gmail. Do I need to send an email for this as well?

Cheers.
Jelmerholland

Postby KaLul » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Hello,
Iam KaLul and i used to be a senior member.
I once found phun and registered and was a very active user.
But as u may know, in time u change some interests and so i wasnt online a long time ago!

But i have to say, Algodoo is still fun to play with anyway! :D
KaLul

Postby electronicboy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Jelmerholland wrote:@Electronicboy,

Ah okay. Tnx. And nice, I hope the forums will get cleaner by the day. Why doesn't Algoryx use a more customized script which is linked to the algobox as well? Now I have to login twice.

Linking the sessions between algobox and phpBB can become troublesome, who knows, maybe if the devs ever get round to algobox v3!
The main issue with acheving that now is the 2 unique user databases, which brings the problem of merging the two together.

I've been attempting to request access to the forum software, so that I can manually update it, (which is currently modified, as to provide to algobox phpBB code, as well as the overall header and footer files).

Jelmerholland wrote:@Emanuel
It's not about the license key anymore, I found it and I successfully activated it once again. Thanks though! But another problem arises, I am not able to login to my Algobox anymore. I want to login so I don't have to make a new user and let Jelmerholland become a ghost, so if it's possible I would like to change the mail registered to my algobox, to my gmail. Do I need to send an email for this as well?

Admins on algobox can't do this, I requested emanuel to promote me on algobox so I could do it for you, just to find out user profiles are actually uneditable.
You might have to wait a little while until emanuel is back in the HQ on monday, so I can tell him to change the entry in the database, which should only take 2 seconds when I tell him!

Sorry for the wait,

/electronicboy
electronicboy

Return to Introduction