I'm back to algodoo, i used to play this a lot, but..

Introduce yourself to the Algodoo community!

I'm back to algodoo, i used to play this a lot, but..

Postby Sitsiz23 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:56 pm

Hello, i don't know if the forums are active anymore, it makes a really long time since i was in this community, but i decided to come back to re-live some nostalgic memories, but there's something wrong, whenever i try to load algobox at all, its just the cog loading, and i also cannot open any scenes or anything, some help would be appreciated if there's anybody out there.
Sitsiz23

Re: I'm back to algodoo, i used to play this a lot, but..

Postby Ken3344 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:16 am

That happened with me too; just keep waiting until it loads.
Hello my name is Kenlimepie. I'm an Algodoo Enthusiast, and Marble Racer. I run a Youtube channel which is about Algodoo Marble Racing, but I am not afraid to design new ideas in this program. https://www.youtube.com/c/kenlimepie
Ken3344

Postby Sitsiz23 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:53 am

Ken3344 wrote:That happened with me too; just keep waiting until it loads.

Ah, i see there's still someone lurking around here, i've seen a lot of unanswered posts lately, and well to be honest i'm surprised i got a reply, i thought this forum was long dead...i miss the old times.
Sitsiz23

Postby FRA32 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:12 am

I stick around the forum just to make sure that most questions get some kind of answer, as long as i can provide one. That way people aren't entirely on their own when seeking help.

Yea, just wait it out, maybe restart algodoo. Algobox performance is different every day, every time you open algodoo, so if you have issues, they might be gone by tomorrow.
FRA32

Postby Sitsiz23 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:46 am

Well, i guess there are a few people alive in here,i wish algodoo was more popular, everyone stopped talking about it until it disappeared off the internet
Sitsiz23

Postby Ken3344 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:16 am

I believe that I deserve to help Algodoo to at least foster a community again. I usually reply to all comments where possible; this comes from when I reply to everyone on my Youtube Channel.
I'll disagree about the fact that it disappeared. There are many people that use Algodoo for Marble Race content on Youtube, and some have channels that are very popular (few over 10k subs). There is DoodleChaos which is the only few major channels that don't use Algodoo for Marble Races. Anyways, I don't think Algodoo will become popular again (with the exception with the Algodoo Marble Racers on Youtube) unless Algoryx comes back to this.
It's a shame to see such a program just abandoned like this. Me and many other marble racers are planning for a new version of Algodoo, (possibly open source) but we are at a road block on programmers who are available that can make it. I'll give you a Discord link to the place if you want. I, Kenlimepie, quickly growing on Youtube making Algodoo Marble Races, and many others want to bring new life to this program, but it seems there is no other option besides making a new, similar program. This may be costly and time consuming, but this is our only option at this point
Hello my name is Kenlimepie. I'm an Algodoo Enthusiast, and Marble Racer. I run a Youtube channel which is about Algodoo Marble Racing, but I am not afraid to design new ideas in this program. https://www.youtube.com/c/kenlimepie
Ken3344

Return to Introduction