Hello! :)

Introduce yourself to the Algodoo community!

Hello! :)

Postby Meerkoos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:48 am

Hi all!

My name is Meerkoos. I am an Algodoo gun enthusiast and I enjoy making fun, beautiful and informative animations of these machines. It is my goal to make them as close to the real thing as possible: authentic skins, realistic internals, convincing behaviour.

I am only starting to build my profile in Algobox, as I came two years ago after watching a Youtube video of a Glock. I invite you to check out my profile (http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/profile.php?id=18794) and my creations, which include a Beretta M9, a MP40, and a SIG P210!

Of course, comments and ratings are greatly appreciated, as they allow me to get feedback and further improve my scenes. See you soon!
Meerkoos

Re: Hello! :)

Postby faytree » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:46 pm

Welcome to the forums,Meerkos! :wave:
waiting for semester break to come...
faytree

Postby pnvv » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Ever tried to build a car? That's my main area of skill, and my guns also suck ass :oops:

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
pnvv

Postby faytree » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:34 pm

pnvv wrote:Ever tried to build a car? That's my main area of skill, and my guns also suck ass :oops:

Buulding a car was used to be my main skill, until 2016 tore it apart :(
faytree

Postby Meerkoos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:46 pm

@faytree Hello! Thanks for the welcome.

@pnvv I have never tried to build a vehicle. I reckon the skin would be easy, since it is my speciality. However, the mechanics are unknown to me.
Meerkoos

Postby faytree » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:56 am

Well, I was looking at your scenes for the first time and I am VERY IMPRESSED! :clap: :clap:
I still couldn't believe to see how realistic your guns are! I guess that you must've own a real one :wtf:

By the way, I'd like to welcome you to this group, feel free to join in. It's okay if you don't want to ;)
faytree

Postby Meerkoos » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:34 pm

@faytree Thanks for the appreciation! As a matter of fact, I am not a gun owner (yet), as I have not reached legal age. I rely on blueprints, feedback from actual owners, high-res pictures and other people's work to make these animations. I will consider joining your group, thanks for the invitation!
Meerkoos

Postby pnvv » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:46 am

Meerkoos wrote:@pnvv I have never tried to build a vehicle. I reckon the skin would be easy, since it is my speciality. However, the mechanics are unknown to me.

Same with me. I could probably make a gun skin decently well, but I could never figure out the internals. I'm much more good at developing engines and drivetrain systems :?

It gives me an idea, all the gun makers should try to build a car, and all the car makers should try to build a gun :lol:
pnvv

Postby Meerkoos » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:32 am

pnvv wrote:
Meerkoos wrote:@pnvv I have never tried to build a vehicle. I reckon the skin would be easy, since it is my speciality. However, the mechanics are unknown to me.

Same with me. I could probably make a gun skin decently well, but I could never figure out the internals. I'm much more good at developing engines and drivetrain systems :?

It gives me an idea, all the gun makers should try to build a car, and all the car makers should try to build a gun :lol:

This is a nice idea. However, I think it is better if we provide some key assets, like drivetrain for vehicles or cartridges for guns, as they are quite difficult to just conjure up. Another thing: contests, events..etc are hard to promote these days, as the people who are interested are scattered in Algobox and our proposal may not get decent coverage for an interesting event.
Meerkoos

Return to Introduction