License for education

License for education

Postby i-maruyama » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:01 am

Dear all,

I am teaching physics in the department of computer science. I would like to install this Algodoo into computers for my students in my university. There was a special license for educational use which cost us 1 Euro per 1 student (I’m not sure). Now, however, this Algodoo is available as a free download (see http://www.algoryx.se/algodoo-ipad-rele ... free-pcmac ) and I cannot find a license for education.

Could you show me the statement of a license for educational use of Algodoo in schools or universities?
Is it free officially?

Sincerely yours,
Isao.
i-maruyama

Re: License for education

Postby lpiedrahita » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Dear all.

We have same problem, then we would like about this kind of license.

Regards.
lpiedrahita

Re: License for education

Postby jon_joy_1999 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:07 am

Algodoo v2.1.0 License

Read these terms carefully before installing Algodoo. By installing Algodoo, you acknowledge that you have read this license agreement, that you understood it, and that you agree to be bound by its terms. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this license agreement, you should cancel the installation of the software.

[url]This version of Algodoo covered under this license is provided free of charge from Algoryx for Mac and PC[/url]

Algodoo is proprietary software owned by Algoryx Simulation AB ("Algoryx"). Algodoo may also be made available as a commercial product or service from certain web-shops and portals (for example: Apple AppStore) or resellers as decided by Algoryx. If you have purchased such a license, the existence of this free license does not entitle you any sort of economic compensation or money back.

Algodoo may not be reproduced or distributed in any form outside the specific control of Algoryx, without prior written permission by Algoryx. Algodoo may not be used for promotion of third party products or systems without explicit written permission by Algoryx. Algodoo is a internationally registered trademark owned and protected by Algoryx. The software or the Algodoo trademark may not be used to endorse or sell other commercial products or services without the written permission by Algoryx. Algodoo may not be preinstalled or bundled with commercially offered hardware, software or services without the written permission by Algoryx.

The software is provided as is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement of third party rights. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders, Algoryx Simulation AB, be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.

Enjoy Algodoo!
BSrac = BoincStats recent average credit
I'd rather be network computing.
jon_joy_1999

Return to Other questions about education