Set reference coordinates

Do you have a tip or other ideas to share? Or do you need new features or tools in Algodoo for educational use? Then share and discuss them here.

Set reference coordinates

Postby korry » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi,
I think, that will be great, if will be possible choose reference frame or at best attach zero point of coordinate system to some item.
Some mechanics problems will be simply solved, when you can choose own reference item.
Something like race of 2 cars, where we want to know, when or where they meet. Or something to describe that trajectory and velocity is relative.
I know, that I can choose "Follow", but every numbers depends to "background", tracers shows trajectory, which will be seen from backround.
And I don´t know, where is "zero point" in Algodoo coordinates - when I want to numerically describe something to the students, I can´t start from zero.
But everything is a small problems in the best physics software.
Thanks.
korry

Re: Set reference coordinates

Postby monstertje3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:20 pm

(0,0), the coordinates can be found by pressing the grid button and following the 2 thickest lines to a point where 0,0 is.
you can verify this by drawing a circle and going to the script menu and check the pos on the lowest part of the script menu.
I hope this helps
Basically, there are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths.
monstertje3

Return to Features and tools for education