ControllerAcc

About programs, games and other things related to Algodoo and Phun.

ControllerAcc

Postby InfinityPlayer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:19 pm

I don't understand this command that I see all the time in scripts. Is it at all possible for someone to tell me everything there is, in layman's terms, about this command :?: :thumbup:
I am still learning, not an expert yet. I'm just here to have some phun.
InfinityPlayer

Re: ControllerAcc

Postby monstertje3 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:55 pm

controlleracc is a variable that defines the speed up when you assign a controller,
however it is used in scripting as it gets saved with the scene, and isn't commonly used as controller.
(custom variables don't get saved with the scene :( )

btw this should go into thyme scripting section
Basically, there are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths.
monstertje3

Postby TC42 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Controlleracc is exactly what it says. Controller acceleration. It controls the rate of acceleration (default = 11) of a specific object when a controller is used on it.

In most thyme applications, it is simply used to store a value without using scene.my variables, such as using e.geom.controlleracc = 13 instead of scene.my.var = 13
Spambot wrote:Nowadays, memes usually are studied less in the field of biology, but more with the arena of psychology along with sociology. But, the major area of a meme, getting embraced and imitated all the time is what’s at any core connected with any meme.
TC42

Postby InfinityPlayer » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:40 pm

In most thyme applications, it is simply used to store a value without using scene.my variables, such as using e.geom.controlleracc = 13 instead of scene.my.var = 13[/quote]

The above text makes as much sense to me as a screen door on a battleship, or a submarine. :oops:

I don't ANYTHING at all about Thyme scripting. :evil:
InfinityPlayer

Postby Nxdt » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:48 pm

It is used to store a variable within an geometry instead of having scene.my variables. This means it can be phunlet friendly and a lot simpler to code. But this information is useless to you if you aren't interested in thyme scripting.
Nxdt

Postby InfinityPlayer » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks nxdt. I meant to say that i don't KNOW anything. I missed out the word 'know' from my last post. I'm deeply interested in Thyme scripting, i just don't know where to start.
InfinityPlayer

Postby Nxdt » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:12 pm

I started with simple oncollide spawn codes. Try to make a spawn rocket/thruster thing. Once you can do that it gets a lot easier. Pm me if you want some help.
Nxdt

Return to Algodoo related