Two things.

Post questions about the webshop. NEVER post credit card information, license keys or any other personal information.

Two things.

Postby Grath » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:42 am

First off: Is it possible to change the user ID? I had to set my UserID as my dad's name since I don't have a credit card in my name yet. And I'd rather not have my dad's name permanently associated with the license.

Second off: In general, programs that are not for commercial use (IE: Adobe's Creative Suite, things like that), people get really annoyed if they have to re-buy the program after a certain amount of time. I understand that you want to make money, but if I have to re-buy Algodoo every year (at the longest) or every major release (at the shortest) I'll probably just stop buying it, because I'm in college and can't afford to buy games all the time.
Grath

Re: Two things.

Postby Rhett97 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:46 am

Well.. i dont know if you can change you user Id RIght now.Maybe next purchase? I think that its encrypted into the database and then it was put in his name from the credit card.. so you might have to talk to the credit card company....
Chronos wrote:There's nothing wrong with swearing. They're just words. People just think they have a bad meaning. What's the difference between shit and poo? Nothing. They're the same.
Rhett97

Postby Grath » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:55 am

Actually, since neither of my firewalls complained about Algodoo trying to access the internet... I think it's nowhere near that sophisticated. Only time the firewall bitched about Algodoo was when I told it to check for updates, meaning that the unlocking process is done by having license keys that just work and it doesn't actually check with some kind of master database.
Grath

Postby Rhett97 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:57 am

Well... I Think you can ask algoryx to change the License holders name.
Chronos wrote:There's nothing wrong with swearing. They're just words. People just think they have a bad meaning. What's the difference between shit and poo? Nothing. They're the same.
Rhett97

Postby Drone » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:05 am

Grath wrote:Second off: In general, programs that are not for commercial use (IE: Adobe's Creative Suite, things like that), people get really annoyed if they have to re-buy the program after a certain amount of time. I understand that you want to make money, but if I have to re-buy Algodoo every year (at the longest) or every major release (at the shortest) I'll probably just stop buying it, because I'm in college and can't afford to buy games all the time.

I'm pretty sure at this point in time vastly more people use Phun and Algodoo for creative reasons than for teaching or educational use. A more suitable solution I feel would be having Commercial and Personal Licenses (maybe commercial is infinite use, but has to connect to a master server on a school network to run? 20 machines activated at once? ) and a personal license which allows for future updates and suchlike, but only on maybe one or two machines simultaneously?
Drone

Postby admin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:28 am

The license key does not have a time limit and will thus work forever with this version of Algodoo, and with all future maintenance and bug fix updates of this base version, and such such updates will be provided for at least one year. Major upgrades of functionality (e.g. Algodoo 2.0) may require upgrades of the license. Plug-in modules adding new functionality may also require upgrades of the license. We plan to use upgrade schemes for existing customers.

It is not possible to alter the user ID in the license key.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Webshop FAQ and support