Uninstalling

Post questions about the webshop. NEVER post credit card information, license keys or any other personal information.

Uninstalling

Postby immibis » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:21 am

I will buy Algodoo tomorrow, but first I want to know whether, if I uninstalled it by deleting the folder (could happen accidentally) I would be able to reinstall it on the same computer.

Also is it possible to keep uninstalling and reinstalling to use it on two computers?
Thymechanic
immibis

Re: Uninstalling

Postby Mystery » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:58 am

Yesyou can uninstall it and reinstall it as many times as your heart desires. When you uninstall algodoo it keeps your scenes and screenshots which can be located in My Documents Under Algodoo folder.

If you accidentally delete the main folder you can simply reinstall it again with no worry's.
Mystery

Postby immibis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:20 am

But will it think that it hasn't been uninstalled (because it hasn't), and then stop me from re-unlocking it because it thinks I already have another copy?
Thymechanic
immibis

Postby RicH » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:28 am

Go to the Control Panel then 'Add or Remove Programs', uninstall it there. I believe that should work.

BUT, it seems to me you haven't tried it yet. Just install it again and unlock it.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby CrystalCube » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:21 am

What I truly hate is when the company does not trust you to the software and limits instillation :evil:
I'm not CrystalCube anymore.
CrystalCube

Postby RicH » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:00 am

CrystalCube wrote:What I truly hate is when the company does not trust you to the software and limits instillation :evil:

By the looks of things, I wouldn't trust you with the software. It's a security measure, it prevents you from using your license on other computers. Makes sense to me.
Millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Something terrible has happened.
RicH
[Funniest Person 2010]

Postby Rhett97 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:06 am

And besides i can see how this would be a DEFINITE hacking Beacon cause many dont wanna pay and it probably wouldnt be to hard to hack... hell i know how to reset the demo but for the sake of algodoo i wont release that info.
Chronos wrote:There's nothing wrong with swearing. They're just words. People just think they have a bad meaning. What's the difference between shit and poo? Nothing. They're the same.
Rhett97

Postby electronicboy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:38 pm

i agree resetting the time is one of the first things id tried ( while waiting for my mum to get it) so id be able to do it if there was a delay.
also your key is in the registry so you just need to run the installer to get the files back.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby admin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:15 pm

The license allows for installation on a single computer at a time. Uninstallting and installing on some other computer is fine.

Obviously, we don't appreciate comments about cracking algodoo. Like any other software that we know of, except server based online games, Algodoo can be cracked and indeed has been cracked. This of course was anticipated, but we don't like to see anything about it market in our own forums.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Webshop FAQ and support