"Family license"

Post questions about the webshop. NEVER post credit card information, license keys or any other personal information.

"Family license"

Postby zeqe » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:48 pm

My kids (4 & 6 yo) and I love Phun and the new functions in Algodoo makes it even greater. We have a couple of computers in the household and we would really like to have Algodoo on all of them. It would be nice if it will be possible to buy a home- or family license.

/ Jesper Johag, Sala
zeqe

Re: "Family license"

Postby Algoryx » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Hi,
I have three kids myself, and it is always a problem when they want to play the same game, since the CD/DVD can only be in one of the computers. And buying several copies typically becomes too expensive.
We will look into this possibility of having a "family license". I really like the idea, but we need to make sure we understand all technical and business related parameters of this, so it will probably take a while to get it through. We do have substantial volume discounts, but these start at 10 licenses, and I guess it isn't so common nowadays with that many children in a family!
What would be the best model? Perhaps just a simple discount model with "buy 3 licenses at the price of 1.5", or something else?
Algoryx

Postby Chronos » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Algoryx wrote:What would be the best model? Perhaps just a simple discount model with "buy 3 licenses at the price of 1.5", or something else?

i would think that for each license you buy, 5% off should be taken off the total, such as:

1 license: 100% of standard price
2 license: 95% of standard price
2 license: 90% of standard price

and so on (i know that i couldve just used a single work to describe this, but i forget the word >.<)
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby zeqe » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:23 am

Yo!

"Buy 3 licenses at the price of 1.5" sounds absolutely perfect to me! =)
Couldn't it just be stated in the title bar of Algodoo that it is a "Family license, for home use only" or something like that?

/ Jesper Johag, Sala
zeqe

Postby admin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:49 pm

Thank you for your feedback. We can't really comment further on our plans, but we are definately looking into this.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Webshop FAQ and support