Algodoo buying failure

Post questions about the webshop. NEVER post credit card information, license keys or any other personal information.

Algodoo buying failure

Postby Frank » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:27 pm

I went to buy the full version of Algodoo, but right as the transaction was going through I got redirected to some sort of Visa security offer. "Verified by Visa", anyone know about that? I had to enter my information and a password, and from then on it said anyone impersonating me would have to enter that password to buy something. This was a hassle I didn't want to deal with, but I could find no button to refuse it. Smelled of phishing, so I closed the window. Now I'm not sure if the transaction went through, and if it did I have no unlocking key. Anyone have any help on this? What should I do if it went through but I didn't get the key?

Edit: I still have the discounted Algodoo in my shopping cart. I'm a serious noob at buying stuff over the web; does that mean that the transaction never went through?
Last edited by Frank on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Made some cool stuff a long time ago
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]

Re: Algodoo buying failure

Postby admin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:38 pm

There's no phishing involved here, but rather an extra layer of security.

Please refer to e.g.

http://www.visaeurope.com/merchant/hand ... byvisa.jsp

http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/e ... index.html

For certain cards, we are forced by the credit card companies to support the 3-D Secure system, whether we like it or not. The new standard is really a good one, and much safer than not using a password, but unfortunately it is hard for most customers to understand and appreciate it.
admin
Site Admin

Postby linde » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Frank wrote:Edit: I still have the discounted Algodoo in my shopping cart. I'm a serious noob at buying stuff over the web; does that mean that the transaction never went through?

When a transaction is completed, the buyer will see a receipt in the browser and get a mail with the same information. Your purchase was aborted and hence the item(s) remain in the shopping cart.

I hope this and the previous information by "admin" answers your question.
linde

Postby Frank » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:54 pm

Indeed it does. Trying again.
Made some cool stuff a long time ago
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]

Return to Webshop FAQ and support