Future Versions?

Post questions about the webshop. NEVER post credit card information, license keys or any other personal information.

Future Versions?

Postby 64days » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:22 am

I am wondering that if I buy the Current Version, Will I still be able to get all future updates for free, Or will I have to repay, like for example when 2.0.0 comes out? Sorry for My Noobishness...
Visit My Website, Click Above =D
64days

Re: Future Versions?

Postby gradyfitz » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:52 am

64days wrote:I am wondering that if I buy the Current Version, Will I still be able to get all future updates for free, Or will I have to repay, like for example when 2.0.0 comes out? Sorry for My Noobishness...

www.algodoo.com/wiki/FAQ wrote:Are future updates included?
The license itself is eternal. Maintenance releases and bug fixes for the base version you purchase are included for at least one year. Plug-ins offering substantially extended functionality may be released under commercial terms, and future major upgrades (aka Algodoo 2.0) will also be released under commercial terms, with an upgrade program.

if you purchase Algodoo, it will be kept up to date for quite a while, so don't worry, version 2.0 is quite a long way away, from what I can see.

Hopefully this answered your question, if not, please refine your question and I'll try to answer it.

--
Grady
Mechanisms: 18 Mechanisms.
Thyme: Tutorial - Variables/Commands List.
Thymechanic
gradyfitz

Postby 64days » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:54 am

Thank you so much for the answer, Answered my question perfectly. :thumbup:
Visit My Website, Click Above =D
64days

Postby Dakta » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:11 am

But... this means that once we get to 2.0 you'll probably have to pay for it. It'll cost a lot less to upgrade than it will new though.
.. ,__,_____
. / __.==--" - - - - - - - - ""
./#(-'
.`-' From http://www.ascii-art.de/. Modded by me to work in Arial. Image
a Mammoth wrote:be boring and interesting.

Mystery wrote:If you were jailbreaker you shouldn't have when't up the 3.1.3
I didn't know you could go up 3.1.3! Thanks Mystery person!
Dakta

Postby Nxdt » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Well it's fair way of doing it. If you bought a game you expect to get free updates and fixes but when you want the next in the series you will pay for it. Same applies here.
Nxdt

Postby Rrobba » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:31 pm

Well, if you buy Algodoo then you will get updates of the same version for free (version 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 ect.) which will bring bug fixes and a couple of new features. Those updates will be included. However, when a whole new version of Algodoo comes out (Algodoo 2) then you will have to pay again, but don't worry, Algodoo 2 won't be out for at least another 6 months and probably not for another year. Hope this helped!
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Rrobba
[Best Sig 2010]

Return to Webshop FAQ and support