2.0.2 beta

Official announcements from Algoryx and the Algodoo team. Updates, official contests, news, etc.

Re: 2.0.2 beta

Postby monstertje3 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:43 am

I found a tiny bug, if you right click the gravity button on the bottom of the screen, you will get a popup with gravity strength etc.
But, if gravity is off, a right click will also toggle the gravity (if it is already on it will stay on)
monstertje3

Postby Xray » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:17 am

electronicboy wrote:There are currently no known incompatibility issues with Algodoo and windows 8.
/Electronicboy

That's good to know. Thank you!
Xray

Postby electronicboy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:57 pm

monstertje3 wrote:I found a tiny bug, if you right click the gravity button on the bottom of the screen, you will get a popup with gravity strength etc.
But, if gravity is off, a right click will also toggle the gravity (if it is already on it will stay on)

Probably more of a bad feature, not a bug, I'll raise the issue up!

teacher from Brazil wrote:[1] The air buoyancy force should be optional. In educational terms, the action of this force on submerged bodies has just disturbing.

teacher from Brazil wrote:More problems...

[2] 1) The unit of density is wrong!!! Should be g / cm ^ 3 or kg / m ^ 3. For example, the density of ice is 0.9 g / cm 3 or 900 Kg / m ^ 3.
[3] 2) Although there is no wind, the clouds move.
[4] 3) The forces acting on the bodies that are in the water do not appear. The force of buoyancy that WATER on submerged bodies do not appear.

[1] I'll raise this issue up for you!
[2] and this!
[4] As well as this!

[3] Clouds where more of a visual appearance to the rest of the scenery and not physics related. I'll bring this up!

PS, you should consider registering to the forums, it will allow you to subscribe to topics allowing you to follow the conversations, and help us to help you!

/electronicboy
-Community Admin
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby emilk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Gravity thing: Feature. I don't want people to go changing the gravity strength and wondering why it doesn't take. Why would you want to change something that has no effect?

[1] Turn off air and you turn off air buoyancy

[2] Algodoo only has two dimensions so m^3 makes no sense. If you like, however, you can think of Algodoo as a 1mm thick slice of the 3D world, in which case you can think of kg/m^2 as kg/m^3.

[3] The clouds are a long way away where there is always wind ;)

[4] It's on my way too long TODO-list.
Emil Ernerfeldt, lead developer
emilk

Postby guyboy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:35 am

Emil, aren't most of the physics formulas used in Algodoo based on 3D physics? I'd imagine actual 2D physics to be extremely different.

Didn't you once say that objects in Algodoo are actually 1m thick and just projected into 2D? That would make a lot of sense.
guyboy

Previous

Return to Official announcements