2.0.2 beta

Official announcements from Algoryx and the Algodoo team. Updates, official contests, news, etc.

Re: 2.0.2 beta

Postby Kilinich » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:17 pm

* NEW: Paste images right into Algodoo.
Wonderful!

* NEW: Wind (available in air menu).
Oh that is really cool feature... now we just NEED aerodynamics. It's really not that hard to implement.
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Postby emilk » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:40 pm

I forgot the new translations in b11, so I am now uploading beta 12 with the new translations as well as some minor adjustments of the slider sizes in the velocity, air and gravity menus.

Thanks to tatt for pointing out my mistake!
Emil Ernerfeldt, lead developer
emilk

Postby Nxdt » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:15 pm

I don't see the need for full aerodynamics. With readables and thrusters very accurate models can be created of wings etc.
Nxdt

Postby tatt61880 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:40 pm

In my opinion, we need sounds before perfect aerodynamics. ;)
Sound is important for gaming purpose.
NOTE: I'm not an Algoryx member.
Hi, Algodoo lovers. Have you read next topic? Featured scenes suggestions
To translators: English.cfg changelog will be useful (even for me).
tatt61880
[Most Helpful Person 2010]

Postby monstertje3 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:24 pm

i did notice that water isn't affected by wind
monstertje3

Postby emilk » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Third beta in three days! Beta 13:

* IMP: You can now use a comma as decimal separator when entering numbers to sliders. (e.g: 3,14)
* IMP: You can now use mathematical functions (sin, cos, pi etc) when entering numbers to sliders. (e.g: atan(0.5)*180/pi)
* IMP: Easier 15° snapping in direction picker (when close to origin, or holding down SHIFT).
* FIX: Wind serialized with scene.
* FIX: Water affected by wind.
* FIX: Fixed some problems with finger-shifting on SMART boards.
emilk

Postby Banjerboef » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 pm

tatt61880 wrote:In my opinion, we need sounds before perfect aerodynamics. ;)
Sound is important for gaming purpose.

I fully agree with that!!!
Sound makes everything better.

To Emil:
Maybe an idea for an object to be added: A wind generator or fan.
For making things like wind tunnels and helicopters/planes (propellor powered).
I think it is an great addition to wind simulation and aerodynamics.
Banjerboef

Postby emilk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Beta 14:

* IMP: Chain tool will preview when the created chain will bite its own tail.
* FIX: Saving scenes with names containing new-line characters.
* FIX: You can no longer save scenes without a title.
* FIX: Dropping textures onto a plane will now wrap the texture.
* FIX: Grid options not showing right number of axes.
* FIX: Re-uploading a scene on Algobox will no longer reset the scene group or allow-comments/responses/ratings.
* FIX: Hide/show all windows won't toggle air/gravity/grid options.
emilk

Postby emilk » Sat May 12, 2012 4:01 pm

First of all: sorry for the slow updates lately.

The first reason is that I've been on vacation (three weeks in California, yay!) but also that I've been working on something interesting which is soon to be announced.

Anyway, I took some time to improve upon the scripting last week, and so here is beta 15:

* NEW: pos/angle/vel/angvel scriptable attributes. e.g: "vel = {- pos}"
* NEW: Thyme keyword 'entity' - get the owning entity of a scripted attribute (replaces 'owner' keyword).
* NEW: Sim.scriptUpdatesEveryStep - if true, scripted attributes gets executed on every simulation step (rather than just once per frame). True by default.
* NEW: Thyme functions: System.WriteToFile, System.ReadWholeFile, string.Split
* FIX: Bug causing rounding errors in body velocities on scene load and undo.

A lot of rewrites went into this one, and so if there are too many bugs I might pull it from the 2.0.2 release. Consider it an experiment!

Download here: http://www.algodoo.com/download/Algodoo ... -Win32.exe
Or here: http://www.algodoo.com/download/Algodoo ... -MacOS.dmg
emilk

Postby guyboy » Fri May 18, 2012 1:59 am

Oh my. Beta 15 looks extremely exciting.
guyboy

Postby ags131 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:39 am

Now that pos is writable, it is time for me to create the teleportation machine i've always wanted :D
ags131

Postby CaioBrasil » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:29 pm

This version once installed is how many MB?
CaioBrasil

Postby tadietz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Very nice - addresses some stuff I wanted to play with without as extensive descent into Thyme scripting.

So is plotting supported in any way in this beta? Would be nice...

One thing I can't seem to do via an item's script menu and/or obvious Thyme scripting is gluing/loosening an item dynamically. I observed that the body variable on the script panel toggles between 0 and some number that increments each time I glue or loosen an item in the scene, and of course the item's glued variable goes between true and false. I can manually change the glued variable on the script panel, but not the body variable (seems to be an input field but won't let you change it). Bug or WAD (Working As Designed if that is not a common acronym), and if WAD, how does the Geometry actions panel for items effect gluing/loosening?

Thanks.
tadietz

Postby Nxdt » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Its been over 2months since the last beta which is unusual.

When is the next update expected?
Nxdt

Postby phunflite » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:01 pm

Well,being a reborn phunner(or algodooer,at the time),i see the recent advancements in the physics engine(wind,thrusters)but I have noticed a (minor,or major)bug.At high speeds,the axle,suceeder of the venerable hinge,is unstable causing a nauseating resonance on the axled object.Also,good work on the way the air works now(I even tested airfoils,and they do work!).As usual,the Algoryx team has done a good job in man's strive for the joy of learning.

Sounds like a food/restaurant reviw,aye?
phunflite

Postby Nxdt » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:28 pm

What is going on at algoryx, it is worrying how long it has been since the last update?!
Nxdt

Postby electronicboy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:35 pm

CaioBrasil wrote:This version once installed is how many MB?

Installed "program folder" size on my PC is currently 91.4MB.
Ofcourse, my PC may have a few extra files hidden in there, and should only be taken as a rougth value.

tadietz wrote:Very nice - addresses some stuff I wanted to play with without as extensive descent into Thyme scripting.

So is plotting supported in any way in this beta? Would be nice...

One thing I can't seem to do via an item's script menu and/or obvious Thyme scripting is gluing/loosening an item dynamically. I observed that the body variable on the script panel toggles between 0 and some number that increments each time I glue or loosen an item in the scene, and of course the item's glued variable goes between true and false. I can manually change the glued variable on the script panel, but not the body variable (seems to be an input field but won't let you change it). Bug or WAD (Working As Designed if that is not a common acronym), and if WAD, how does the Geometry actions panel for items effect gluing/loosening?

Thanks.

1. I am not sure what is ment by plotting, yes, I know, I'm a idiot! :P

2. This as far as I know, is working as designed.
The body value, as Im not a developer or have looked into it much, seams to be a replacement to the old entity ID value which changed as it was completely random upon loading a scene.

Nxdt wrote:What is going on at algoryx, it is worrying how long it has been since the last update?!

as you know, I have no internal communication with algoryx, however, I have been hinted into a project which is currently being worked upon!

all I can say is,
Emanuel wrote:Stay tuned!

//electronicboy
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby Banjerboef » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:02 pm

electronicboy wrote:
Nxdt wrote:What is going on at algoryx, it is worrying how long it has been since the last update?!

as you know, I have no internal communication with algoryx, however, I have been hinted into a project which is currently being worked upon!

I have contacted Algoryx with an idea for electricity in Algodoo a while ago and then I got a reaction back from Emil who said that they are already working on it. So, maybe that's the project they are working on and also the reason why it's taking too long.
And I have seen people mention electricity a few times on the forum I think, they where also saying that this new thing was coming.
Who knows? But I think it's the electricity.

I can't wait to build electric cars and stuff, or cars with real electronics.
It makes everything much more realistic and makes things easier to build (because you don't have to script things like lights any more).
Banjerboef

Postby electronicboy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Banjerboef wrote:
electronicboy wrote:

I have contacted Algoryx with an idea for electricity in Algodoo a while ago and then I got a reaction back from Emil who said that they are already working on it. So, maybe that's the project they are working on and also the reason why it's taking too long.
And I have seen people mention electricity a few times on the forum I think, they where also saying that this new thing was coming.
Who knows? But I think it's the electricity.

I can't wait to build electric cars and stuff, or cars with real electronics.
It makes everything much more realistic and makes things easier to build (because you don't have to script things like lights any more).

Shamefully, I don't think it will be electricity at the current time.
They did accidently release a beta version of Algodoo with some electrical variables in the script menu of objects quite a few month ago.
But, as I've said, I have no internal contact with development team of Algoryx. I only help with the forum administration, which I'm actually trying to reduce the issues of spam, however Emanuel has said that he is currently too busy to allow me access to code and to re-upload it if I manage to improve the issue.

so, I have a feeling this project may be related to the website (maybe an improvement upon the integrated algobox and related features) in some form of way.
I guess we will only find out up on release of infomation, as the project seams to be in a "keep all info internal", and even if I did manage to obtain infomation, that would stay in our admin-admin chats! :P

/Electronicboy
electronicboy

Postby InfinityPlayer » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:52 am

InfinityPlayer

Postby Xray » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:41 am

I hope that Algoryx is doing what they can to make sure Algodoo is compatible with Windows 8, which is currently available. I am considering upgrading my O.S. from Windows-7 to Windows-8, but I would not make the switch if there was any concern at all of Algodoo not working under Windows-8.

Has anyone reading this made the switch to Windows-8? If so, were there any compatibility issues with Algodoo?
Xray

Postby electronicboy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 am

InfinityPlayer wrote:

This is the latest beta?

Yes, 2.0.2 - B15 is the latest public beta!

Xray wrote:I hope that Algoryx is doing what they can to make sure Algodoo is compatible with Windows 8, which is currently available. I am considering upgrading my O.S. from Windows-7 to Windows-8, but I would not make the switch if there was any concern at all of Algodoo not working under Windows-8.

Has anyone reading this made the switch to Windows-8? If so, were there any compatibility issues with Algodoo?

There are currently no known incompatibility issues with Algodoo and windows 8.
I've personally ran Algodoo perfectly fine in windows 8 Developer Preview and the Release Preview.

To be honest, all programs wrote for windows 7 seamed to have had no issues switching to windows 8 as of my experience with the previews, so I presume the release version will be fine as well!

/Electronicboy
electronicboy

Postby teacher from Brazil » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:37 am

More problems...

1) The unit of density is wrong!!! Should be g / cm ^ 3 or kg / m ^ 3. For example, the density of ice is 0.9 g / cm 3 or 900 Kg / m ^ 3.
2) Although there is no wind, the clouds move.
3) The forces acting on the bodies that are in the water do not appear. The force of buoyancy that WATER on submerged bodies do not appear.
teacher from Brazil

Postby teacher from Brazil » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:59 am

The air buoyancy force should be optional. In educational terms, the action of this force on submerged bodies has just disturbing.
teacher from Brazil

PreviousNext

Return to Official announcements