Algodoo Beta 1.9.5 Released!

Official announcements from Algoryx and the Algodoo team. Updates, official contests, news, etc.

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Frank » Tue May 17, 2011 12:20 am

Is there going to be any sort of fix for the people whose graphics do not support shaders? My computer was never great, but I'd rather not have to set the game down until I buy a new computer. Upgrading the graphics card is not an option on this laptop.
User avatar
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:37 pm
Location: the dark side of the moon

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Emanuel » Tue May 17, 2011 7:02 am

Frank wrote:Is there going to be any sort of fix for the people whose graphics do not support shaders? My computer was never great, but I'd rather not have to set the game down until I buy a new computer. Upgrading the graphics card is not an option on this laptop.

Yes, we are working on a fix.

/ Emanuel
Algodoo Developer
Emanuel
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Umeå, Sweden

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Metagami » Wed May 18, 2011 4:00 am

1.9.4 took a step back in layout/design, and a step forward in features.

Various Things Liked:
Thrusters, Edge Blur, Triple click selects similar objects (I think that's new), New Chains (could still use a little work), Being able to easily select springs with zero distance, Two layer toolbar (although a lot of people might not like it).

Various Things Not Liked:
Hinges being renamed axles, script menu values with auto 17 digits after the decimal and taking up area larger than most screens, missing eraser mode from brush menu, Un-tessellation and sloppy outline of the icon windows (might just be the shader problem), The added scene mood/material/force viewer window (should be put back into options), The Scene/Algobox/Scenelet window (should be incorporated into file button), Fixed/Auto Pop-up tool menu window (should be an option), No difference between cute and normal clouds (might just be the shader problem), Blocky HINGES (shader?).

Hopefully this helps design the next algodoo.
Hey, maybe you should host a design contest, where users create, and vote on the next design?
User avatar
Metagami
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:36 am

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Thooto » Wed May 18, 2011 1:44 pm

I have the same opinions as Metagami.

It will be great if you do a option where you can alternate azerty in qwerty keyboard. There's one reason.

[spoiler]But as I said in my other post, but I didn't express myself well, the keyboard is embarassing... I take an example : you have a qwerty keyboard, make to an object a controller for example, on your keyboard you set aswd keys. But on a azerty keyboard, those keys haven't the same place, there it's zqsd keys. But on this beta, the keys are the same, so it's not easy to move a box on a azerty keyboard with aswd keys, because they aren't at the same place...[/spoiler]

Thanks, I hope that you'll understand my bad english! ;)
Thooto
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby RA2lover » Wed May 18, 2011 6:24 pm

metagami's "script menu values with 17 digits after the decimal" is actually a good thing. it pretty much means algodoo now uses double-precision floating point numbers, enabling for scenes with a larger area.

I dislike the idea of springs not being able to have both ends attached to the same body - especially when a lot of scenes at algobox don't work because of that.
User avatar
RA2lover
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Someone Else » Wed May 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Yes, Metagami, you pretty well summed it up.
User avatar
Someone Else
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:53 pm
Location: The Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby HavingPhun! » Wed May 18, 2011 10:08 pm

I am also waitiing until the official new release and staying with 1.8.5 for now.
HavingPhun!
 

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby scott » Thu May 19, 2011 5:21 am

I can't run it - all I see are mutated rectangles due to my graphics card not having shaders BUT i have read that the gravity and air icons are being removed and placed in the right click options. I'd prefer these two icons stay since when you do want to turn gravity and air on/off the button needs to be quickly accessible if you're teaching. if you're playing with it at home which some people do it wouldn't matter but for teaching it does.
scott
 

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Emanuel » Thu May 19, 2011 7:12 am

scott wrote:I can't run it - all I see are mutated rectangles due to my graphics card not having shaders BUT i have read that the gravity and air icons are being removed and placed in the right click options. I'd prefer these two icons stay since when you do want to turn gravity and air on/off the button needs to be quickly accessible if you're teaching. if you're playing with it at home which some people do it wouldn't matter but for teaching it does.

The gravity and air friction buttons are located on the right side of the play/pause button.
The bar with these buttons is however moved to the bottom in the middle of the screen, just like a DVD-player.

/ Emanuel
Algodoo Developer
Emanuel
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Umeå, Sweden

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Thooto » Fri May 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Hey, I noticed that we can't attach a spring by its two ends on the same object anymore ! :(

That's annoying, you should change that ! ;)
Thooto
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Thooto » Sat May 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Is it possible to turn back to 1.8.5 version until the 1.9.4 version is not beta, and without loosing any register informations? I bought Algodoo, so I have the full version. I wouldn't loose Algodoo with a stupid bug! :(

Thanks to answer my question!

P.S. : I posted my question in this topic and not in the help topic because here, I'm sure to have the answer of an administrator, and a safe answer. :)
Thooto
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby jrderksen » Sun May 22, 2011 3:51 am

[quote="scottcox"]<<All the icons and clouds (all gui) has become rectangles for me. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I have this problem too.[/quote]
I also have this problem. The menu's also also all blank squares.
This totally messed up my Algodoo!! :(:(:(
User avatar
jrderksen
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:50 am
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Emanuel » Mon May 23, 2011 8:58 am

Thooto wrote:Is it possible to turn back to 1.8.5 version until the 1.9.4 version is not beta, and without loosing any register informations? I bought Algodoo, so I have the full version. I wouldn't loose Algodoo with a stupid bug! :(

Thanks to answer my question!

P.S. : I posted my question in this topic and not in the help topic because here, I'm sure to have the answer of an administrator, and a safe answer. :)

You should be able to install 1.8.5, but you might need to reset Algodoo to get the right config, since both 1.8.5 and 1.9.4 looks for the config in My Documents/Algodoo.

We can always resent you the license if you have lost it.

/ Emanuel
Algodoo Developer
Emanuel
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Umeå, Sweden

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Dare » Mon May 23, 2011 10:39 am

I simply uninstalled my 1.9.4 and then went to Downloads and reinstalled 1.8.5. Works for me.

P.S. Emanuel, when is the next official release of Algodoo coming?
User avatar
Dare
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:27 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Emanuel » Mon May 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Dare wrote:I simply uninstalled my 1.9.4 and then went to Downloads and reinstalled 1.8.5. Works for me.

P.S. Emanuel, when is the next official release of Algodoo coming?

Well that depends on how fast we can fix the bugs that you guys have found, and we also want it to be as polished as it deserves to be :)

/ Emanuel
Algodoo Developer
Emanuel
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Umeå, Sweden

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby hiltropper » Tue May 24, 2011 3:33 am

i know i asked it here before ,but you didn't respond :D could you betray if we get onEvent sound in the final next version ?
hiltropper
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Thooto » Tue May 24, 2011 7:36 am

Ok thanks I'll try to install again the 1.8.5 version. I'll tell you if there is a bug.

Thank you for answers!
Thooto
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Emanuel » Tue May 24, 2011 10:44 am

hiltropper wrote:i know i asked it here before ,but you didn't respond :D could you betray if we get onEvent sound in the final next version ?

I'm not sure what you mean by onEvent sound?

/ Emanuel
Algodoo Developer
Emanuel
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Umeå, Sweden

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby tatt61880 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:14 am

Emanuel wrote:
hiltropper wrote:i know i asked it here before ,but you didn't respond :D could you betray if we get onEvent sound in the final next version ?

I'm not sure what you mean by onEvent sound?

/ Emanuel


I think he meant "Sound support (onCollision/thyme call)" for Algodoo.
http://www.algodoo.com/wiki/Suggestions
NOTE: I'm not an Algoryx member.
Hi, Algodoo lovers. Have you read next topic? Featured scenes suggestions
To translators: English.cfg changelog will be useful (even for me).
User avatar
tatt61880
[Most Helpful Person 2010]
 
Posts: 1148
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby hiltropper » Tue May 24, 2011 1:16 pm

thats right with onEvent I meant onHitbylaser etc
hiltropper
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Someone Else » Tue May 24, 2011 6:30 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=720
Yes, I think that's most likely what he means.
The link to the actual forum page is above.
User avatar
Someone Else
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:53 pm
Location: The Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Emanuel » Wed May 25, 2011 8:34 am

hiltropper wrote:thats right with onEvent I meant onHitbylaser etc

Ah, yeah sorry, not yet.
Algodoo Developer
Emanuel
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Umeå, Sweden

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Emanuel » Wed May 25, 2011 8:37 am

tatt61880 wrote:I think he meant "Sound support (onCollision/thyme call)" for Algodoo.
http://www.algodoo.com/wiki/Suggestions

What do you mean by "Springs with fixed ends"?
Algodoo Developer
Emanuel
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Umeå, Sweden

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby Chronos » Wed May 25, 2011 11:26 am

I think they mean springs that can't go any direction but forward or backwards (AKA pistons).
User avatar
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]
 
Posts: 4457
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Californania

Re: Algodoo Beta 1.9.4 Released!

Postby tatt61880 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Chronos wrote:I think they mean springs that can't go any direction but forward or backwards (AKA pistons).

I think so too.

NOTE: The suggestion list above was created by Kilinich. (Thanks Kilinich! :thumbup: )
NOTE: I'm not an Algoryx member.
Hi, Algodoo lovers. Have you read next topic? Featured scenes suggestions
To translators: English.cfg changelog will be useful (even for me).
User avatar
tatt61880
[Most Helpful Person 2010]
 
Posts: 1148
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:45 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Official announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron