water stuff

For topics that don't fit under the other topics or forums.

water stuff

Postby chaos » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:04 pm

hey group

I’m not sure if it is normal or if a setting can be changed but i am experiencing some strange stuff with water in algodoo:

when i draw water at a scale of 0.1mtr it seems really globular i.e the water is made up of quite large balls and it seems thick and clumpy.

at a scale of 1mtr it seems a lot better

at a scale of 10 mtrs and above it seems more like water but when i draw an object and liquefy it the large object turns into very small drops that are hard to see and these rain down quite slowly? I thought that when a shape liquefied the same area was replace with water, but at a bigger scale of 10mtrs and above the shape is turned into a small amount of water??

it is as if the water is not actually scaling up?

is there a setting that can be played with??

regards Chaos
chaos

Re: water stuff

Postby electronicboy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:56 pm

When liquefying and object, there is a hard coded limit to the number of particles that will spawn, which if I remember correctly, is either 1000 or 2000.

Also, there is a sph. Variable for the waters scale, if I remember correctly, I'm away from my computer right now, but open the console and type sph. And press tab, and you will get a list of variables, I'm sure you will find it.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Return to Algodoo in general