Not allowed to comment?

For topics that don't fit under the other topics or forums.

Not allowed to comment?

Postby Xray » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:36 am

Most scenes that I download, I can rate and post comments. But every now an then, I'll see a message on a scene that states "You are not allowed to comment", or "You are not allowed to rate". What's that about? :problem:
Xray

Re: Not allowed to comment?

Postby Conundrumer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:28 am

When people upload scenes, they're given the option to "allow comment" "allow rating" etc
Conundrumer

Postby Xray » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:55 am

Conundrumer wrote:When people upload scenes, they're given the option to "allow comment" "allow rating" etc

No, my friend, that's not the situation. After submitting my question, I did more research, and apparently the scenes that are from "Phunbox1" are the ones that I am not allowed to rate. Are those scenes from the old Phunbox website? I beleive I just answered my own question! :roll:
Xray

Postby electronicboy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:13 am

phunbox1 is the fake account used for transfering the old scenes over to the new database. Due to changes in the coding, I'm presuming, user account data couldn't be transfered this requiring all scenes to be moved to the fake user account set, I havent looked but they may have no rating allowed as they was ripped from the old site, and requring re-rating wouldn't really be appropriate.

and Conundrumer is correct aswell, when you upload you can select to block everyone from rating/commenting.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby Xray » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:22 am

electronicboy wrote:phunbox1 is the fake account used for transfering the old scenes over to the new database. Due to changes in the coding, I'm presuming, user account data couldn't be transfered this requiring all scenes to be moved to the fake user account set, I havent looked but they may have no rating allowed as they was ripped from the old site, and requring re-rating wouldn't really be appropriate.

That makes sense now. Apparently, there are quite a lot of those scenes that were transferred from Phunbox. Thanks for the info!

electronicboy wrote: and Conundrumer is correct aswell, when you upload you can select to block everyone from rating/commenting.

Yes, I knew he was correct about that, and my comment to him was just stating that my particular situation did not apply to that scenario, and rather that it had something to do with Phunbox.

Thanks electronicboy! :thumbup:
Xray

Return to Algodoo in general