Changing the units

For topics that don't fit under the other topics or forums.

Changing the units

Postby vicviper » Sun May 13, 2012 12:06 am

I am new to Algodoo and I am trying to build a small robot. Is there a way to change the units from metric to Imperial? Or at least change from meter/kg to cm/grams? And is there a way to type in the exact dimensions I want instead of having to drag to re-size until it is correct? It is just hard imaging a robot that will weigh about 50 grams and be a few cm long, being measured in meters and kilograms.

Yes, I am well aware metric is used for physics and Imperial is an American thing. I use both, it is easier for me to imagine 20 pounds or an object that is 1 foot long. Likewise, when I need to be precise, I use millimeters instead of trying to deal with Imperial fractions.
vicviper

Re: Changing the units

Postby Nxdt » Mon May 14, 2012 11:16 pm

I don't think there is a way to do it without messing with the physics, Its never been asked before because metric is generally standard. Also, note that algodoo does not handle small dimentions in its physics very well (Due to rounding errors of computers), you might want to increase the size. The smallest I usually go is nothing thinner than 20cm/0.2m.
Nxdt

Return to Algodoo in general