Uncuttable object

For topics that don't fit under the other topics or forums.

Uncuttable object

Postby Julfo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:37 pm

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not, in fact i'm pretty sure its not. But I wasn't sure where it should go. Sorry, please don't kill me. Anyway, I'll go right ahead.

When you make a laser a cutter, you can make objects uncuttable by making them immortal. Just thought i'd share this with everyone, because it had me stumped for about 10 mins :oops:

-Julfo
http://www.imgbin.co.tv - Free image hosting with 10gb storage and 5gb bandwidth.

http://www.bonurl.eu - Free url shortener that produces urls 6 characters shorter than Tinyurl
Julfo

Re: Uncuttable object

Postby Rhett97 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:52 pm

Oh THATS how you do that tit had me stumped too.
Chronos wrote:There's nothing wrong with swearing. They're just words. People just think they have a bad meaning. What's the difference between shit and poo? Nothing. They're the same.
Rhett97

Postby Blazemann » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:58 am

Odd, I got it immediately. Immortal wouldn't generally be cut!
Blazemann

Postby Jrv » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:51 am

I still don't know how to make objects non-reflective. I'm trying to make a little laser turret target practice range, but the lasers keep bouncing around and destroying everything in one go.
Bang
Jrv
[Best Musician 2010] [Funniest Person 2010] [Most Infamous Member 2010]

Postby Fujitsu » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:38 am

JrvUnleashed wrote:I still don't know how to make objects non-reflective. I'm trying to make a little laser turret target practice range, but the lasers keep bouncing around and destroying everything in one go.

All you need to do is set the refraction ability of that object to 1.0, and it shouldn't reflect.
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Postby Torn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Fujitsu wrote:
JrvUnleashed wrote:I still don't know how to make objects non-reflective. I'm trying to make a little laser turret target practice range, but the lasers keep bouncing around and destroying everything in one go.

All you need to do is set the refraction ability of that object to 1.0, and it shouldn't reflect.

Thank you! The same problem was really annoying me too.
Torn

Postby Paradigm 29 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:58 pm

Another useful tip for lasers is that for sensors and such you might want to set the max rays to 1 so that you don't get any reflection from any surface. You can do this in the script menu and it prevents something like getting e.pos from a reflected object instead of the intended object.
Paradigm 29

Postby Torn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:07 pm

Paradigm 29 wrote:Another useful tip for lasers is that for sensors and such you might want to set the max rays to 1 so that you don't get any reflection from any surface. You can do this in the script menu and it prevents something like getting e.pos from a reflected object instead of the intended object.

Oh, I see... so max rays is the maximum no. of times the beam can reflect! Awesome, thanks!
Torn

Postby Rhett97 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:17 pm

I made a laser turret and it kept cutting itself but not anhemor!!
Chronos wrote:There's nothing wrong with swearing. They're just words. People just think they have a bad meaning. What's the difference between shit and poo? Nothing. They're the same.
Rhett97

Postby Nxdt » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

I make it immortal, i think this works.
Nxdt

Postby Frank » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:47 am

Thanks for the tip on maxRays, Paradigm. My non-cutter laser blaster has one less issue now.
Made some cool stuff a long time ago
Frank
[Best Tutorial Maker 2010]

Non Reflecting Objects

Postby memaster3 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:28 am

To make an object non-reflective change the refractive index to 0. You will find the refractive index property in the materials toolbar of the advanced toolbar set. Good luck! :mrgreen:
memaster3

Re: Non Reflecting Objects

Postby Paradigm 29 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:35 am

memaster3 wrote:

To make an object non-reflective change the refractive index to 0. You will find the refractive index property in the materials toolbar of the advanced toolbar set. Good luck! :mrgreen:

Wrong. 0 is not an acceptable variable for refractive index. As previously stated, you set it to 1.
Paradigm 29

Return to Algodoo in general