Things you've always wanted to make!

For topics that don't fit under the other topics or forums.

Things you've always wanted to make!

Postby Ravenplucker » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:58 pm

There are some things which I've always wanted to be able to create, but no matter what I do I can't. For instance, I simply cannot figure out how to make a good vending machine, or a mechanically programmable robot, or a non inertia inf+ bipod, a good gearbox, and so on...

It's all very depressing.

Does this happen to anybody else?
TheWonkits wrote:You can't do cartwheels when you're bored. Biological impossibility; they're fueled by joy.

Phundamentalist
Ravenplucker

Re: Things you've always wanted to make!

Postby Nait » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:06 pm

This happens to everybody ;) . And to most of newcommers - just look at algobox :(
As for me, I've always wanted to make a cool mechanism, like Woodwalker, or Paragon Cannon, but damn! I cant even make a reversing link gear for my steam locomotive :( And i have no imagination :?
Nait

Postby Ravenplucker » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Reversing link gear? Sounds cool!

I get a bit of comfort from the fact that I've improved quite a lot this year. But I'm still not good enough to make all the things I want to. Jesus Christ it's frustrating...
TheWonkits wrote:You can't do cartwheels when you're bored. Biological impossibility; they're fueled by joy.

Phundamentalist
Ravenplucker

Postby Someone Else » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:22 am

I think the remedy to this is to follow the lead of somebody else.

For instance, Conundrummer made a mechanically programmable robotic arm, while Tank2333 has made lots of Phun-friendly bipedal walkers. I actually made a couple following his lead. (Non-Theo-Jansen mechanisms and spring-damped stabilizers for the win!)

As for a vending machine, I have an idea for that, and a gearbox, I have a mediocre one on my Algobox and an almost-complete one in the works. However, the mechanical glitches in 1.9 stopped that. Then again, I now find myself using a Linux machine, so 1.9 can't work... :think:
Matthias Wandel is epic, in my humble opinion.
I love my brain...
TC42 wrote:Also, your sig is too big, please change it.

ARE YA HAPPY NOW?????

Thymechanic/Phundamentalist

Recently, I discovered something a lot of you probably already knew: Minecraft is awesome.
Due to this, I may not be as active as usual for a while.
Someone Else

Postby Ravenplucker » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:28 am

I have taken a lot of inspiration from the robotic arm, but I've been trying to do something completely different. I can copy most things easily enough, it's coming up with my own designs which is difficult. :S

Phundamentalist
Ravenplucker

Return to Algodoo in general