A few quick questions

For topics that don't fit under the other topics or forums.

A few quick questions

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:58 am

I live in Canada, and was thinking about buying algodoo. I have a few questions, and would like to eliminate my confusion.

1. It says service and maintenance for 1 year, does this mean I can download updates and new versions for 1 year then?

2. After 1 year, will I still be able to use the current version I have, or will it expire?

3. Will I be able to download the same version, if I need to reinstall the program?

4. I know the US version is ~ $45, will it be marked up for CAD, or will it also be around $45?

5. Is there a limit to the number of times I can use my CD key? (Not necessarily installing on multiple computers, but reinstalling on the same computer after reformatting)

6. Are there any differences between the discounted version and the regular one?
admin wrote:I get the impression that this fellow is not best friends with the community since he is trumpeting out the secret phunland community discount to the world. I sense evil.
sbrown

Re: A few quick questions

Postby kilebantick » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:45 am

SBrown. This post is not an attempt at a troll.
But are you asking all of these details so that you report back to your friends over at astatalk?
You got onto the cracking scene pretty quick, actually within a day.
For those that do not know what i am talking about http://astatalk.com/request/8752/0/Algodoo/
kilebantick

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:02 am

kilebantick wrote:SBrown. This post is not an attempt at a troll.
But are you asking all of these details so that you report back to your friends over at astatalk?
You got onto the cracking scene pretty quick, actually within a day.
For those that do not know what i am talking about http://astatalk.com/request/8752/0/Algodoo/

That is not me. Sbrown is a very common username. I am actually interested in buying this product. I don't know what that website is, but it is not mine.
admin wrote:I get the impression that this fellow is not best friends with the community since he is trumpeting out the secret phunland community discount to the world. I sense evil.
sbrown

Postby standardtoaster » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 am

To get closer to the bottom of this... sbrown, do you like/play half-life 2?
standardtoaster

Postby kilebantick » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:08 am

You registered exactly a day after that post was made. I have looked around, and Sbrown is not a common username :-/
kilebantick

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:09 am

standardtoaster wrote:To get closer to the bottom of this... sbrown, do you like/play half-life 2?

Not really no, don't really care for it

Kile, i am on the old phun forums too.
sbrown

Postby standardtoaster » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:11 am

This is quite the conundrum we have here. :crazy: Since this is the Internet no one will believe that sbrown is that guy or not. I'm not even sure!!! :S
standardtoaster

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:13 am

standardtoaster wrote:This is quite the conundrum we have here. :crazy: Since this is the Internet no one will believe that sbrown is that guy or not. I'm not even sure!!! :S

Dude, I don't even know what astatalk is, my spyware program said it was a bad site so i closed it

I have some legitimate questions here, and I have no intentions on reporting to my 'friends'

Also, sbrown is a common name: Learntogoogle

Back on topic now, can anyone answer my questions?
sbrown

Postby Fujitsu » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:39 am

sbrown wrote:Kile, i am on the old phun forums too.

That's an interesting statement, considering Phunland's SBrown's last post was just over 5 months ago.
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:41 am

What are you getting at? I just saw that algodoo was released (check for updates), so i signed up at this forum and wanted to know if i should spend $45. As for my lack of chat on the old forums, it's because I didn't have any issues or questions.

I don't need to explain the reasons why I post or do not. I just want my questions answered, thats all!

Now can somebody please answer my questions? If i wanted to be the victim of harassment based on circumstantial evidence then I would have made a thread about that. I am simply a person who wishes to buy a program.
sbrown

Postby kilebantick » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:57 am

From what i see, Sbrown ISNT that common of a name.

You only reinforced what i thought about you when you said that you were from the old forums.
You knew about fun, you logged in, saw an announcement, you then saw the price (and did not even read about the special offer) so you asked astatalk to crack it for you :-).
Would have gotten you off the hook if you told me you were not even from the old forums, and you knew nothing about phun :-)
kilebantick

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:00 am

kilebantick wrote:From what i see, Sbrown ISNT that common of a name.

You only reinforced what i thought about you when you said that you were from the old forums.
You knew about fun, you logged in, saw an announcement, you then saw the price (and did not even read about the special offer) so you asked astatalk to crack it for you :-).
Would have gotten you off the hook if you told me you were not even from the old forums, and you knew nothing about phun :-)

I'm sorry here, i didn't realize you were a investigator. So Mr. Forums Investigation officer, did it ever occur to you that in 5 months I learned more about phun?

I guess nobody will answer my questions. Oh, and once again, thanks for making me appear to be some sort of hacker.
sbrown

Postby silok » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:10 am

Just to clarify a few points.

* Yup, all minor updates and bugfixes will be available as free upgrades. The "one year" just means we guarantee support and continued development/bugfixes for _at least_ one year.

* The price in CAD is determined by the currency conversion from euros, done by your bank.

* There are no differences between the discounted version and the regular one.
Algodoo developer
silok

Postby kilebantick » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:11 am

sbrown wrote:
kilebantick wrote:From what i see, Sbrown ISNT that common of a name.

I'm sorry here, i didn't realize you were a investigator. So Mr. Forums Investigation officer, did it ever occur to you that in 5 months I learned more about phun?

I guess nobody will answer my questions. Oh, and once again, thanks for making me appear to be some sort of hacker.

Thankyou for reinforcing my point once again. Let's start over. I found this post, on the day algodoo came out. 1 day later you registered on these forums, asking about CDkey's and stuff like that. I would say that you found out that Algodoo costs a fair amount of money, and decided to ask someone to crack it.
Why not pay the Bloody $7?
kilebantick

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:14 am

A. I was not aware it was on sale at the time i posted on the forum, and
B. I would still like to have my questions answered, because it may not be on sale in 1 year
C. I can't delete my post, after someone has posted a reply.

I may have to end up creating a new username and pretending to be someone else to get my questions answered because of your constant harassment.
sbrown

Postby kilebantick » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:18 am

Well, if that is what you wish to do, go ahead.
A. What forum are you talking about exactly?
B. I am sure someone will come online soon and answer them for you :-)
C. That is something that i need to suggest to link. The ability to delete posts.
kilebantick

Postby Fujitsu » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:19 am

I do believe question six verifies that you knew about the discount.
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:21 am

kilebantick wrote:Well, if that is what you wish to do, go ahead.
A. What forum are you talking about exactly?
B. I am sure someone will come online soon and answer them for you :-)
C. That is something that i need to suggest to link. The ability to delete posts.

A. This one, sorry.
B. Ok, well they may not reply, and simply remove me because of this

I just want to buy a game man, can you please stop blaming me for something I did not do?

Fujitsu wrote:I do believe question six verifies that you knew about the discount.

I added question 6 after i noticed the discount about 5 minutes later. I don't believe in double posting, I do have some etiquette.

Can someone just delete the two threads? I am not doing anything against any sort of law, and I have no connections to any underground pirate sites.
Last edited by sbrown on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
sbrown

Postby Fujitsu » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:27 am

I've been watching this thread. That question was always there, or has was at least there before your "I didn't see a sale" remark.
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:29 am

Fujitsu wrote:I've been watching this thread. That question was always there, or has was at least there before your "I didn't see a sale" remark.

I edited the post before anyone posted in it. Perhaps you didn't see it?

So far my experiences with algodoo and its user-base has been negative :cry:
sbrown

Postby Fujitsu » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:41 am

That still completely verifies the latter.

Listen, we don't mean to antagonize, we just don't want people taking programs like Algodoo for granted. It's like the US no fly list. If you have the same name as a suspected terrorist, you're the poor target.
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:43 am

Fujitsu wrote:That still completely verifies the latter.

Listen, we don't mean to antagonize, we just don't want people taking programs like Algodoo for granted. It's like the US no fly list. If you have the same name as a suspected terrorist, you're the poor target.

Well i guess i should have used random letters for my name. Can we just drop the subject? I want to buy the program, not get it for free.

I am arguing with a 15 year old on the internet over something I didn't do. I am done with this conversation now. I would still like my questions answered now.
sbrown

Postby Fujitsu » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:55 am

I'd be perfectly happy to end this discussion, although I won't be convinced until I see a full version upload from you.

In all honesty, a large portion of the people on these forums are students still in high school.

To answer your questions:

1. See silok's post.

2. You will be able to use the program as long as you wish.

3. I don't believe that you can download older releases of Algodoo, but I don't see how download the latest version would affect your scenes.

4. See silok's post.

5. I'm not at the liberty to say.

6. See silok's post.
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Postby sbrown » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:57 am

Thank you!

To further elaborate on 3, I meant will i be able to download a old version,if a new version is out, and 1 year has passed.

I will be buying it tomorrow, because I don't have a visa at the moment.
sbrown

Postby Fujitsu » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:01 am

As alluded to by silok, you will be able to download new updates and bugfixes for Algodoo for 1 year+. Algodoo does this automatically, too.
Gimmie money.
Fujitsu

Next

Return to Algodoo in general