Algodoo 3 open source?

For topics that don't fit under the other topics or forums.

What is Algodoo future?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:18 pm

Algoryx continue Algodoo development to make iPad version better scene player so users ftom PC/MAC could create games for tablets/mobile Apple devices
1
33%
Algodoo became opensource, supported and developed by fans runs on donation
1
33%
Algodoo slowly dies and became abandonware
0
No votes
Algodoo will be alive as education software for schoools, maybe even in Russia
1
33%
 
Total votes : 3

Algodoo 3 open source?

Postby Kilinich » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:18 pm

At this time Algoryx get some money from iPad version to keep Algobox and forum running.
Seems like there is no clear vision of Algodoo future, but I believe we could affect it!
:thumbup:
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
User avatar
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]
 
Posts: 2098
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: South Russia

Re: Algodoo 3 open source?

Postby bramstorm » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:47 am

I think it would probably stay alive because i might still be here forever and theres no way to uncling me from this game im like a magnet :thumbup:
bramstorm
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:54 am

Re: Algodoo 3 open source?

Postby pnvv » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:29 am

bramstorm wrote:I think it would probably stay alive because i might still be here forever and theres no way to uncling me from this game im like a magnet :thumbup:


I was like that a few years ago. Trust me, you'll lose interest eventually.
Image

(/)(°,,,°)(/)
User avatar
pnvv
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:46 pm
Location: Disunited States of America

Re: Algodoo 3 open source?

Postby icrls984 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:58 pm

I'm confused about the poll, is it our own prediction?
.
User avatar
icrls984
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:33 am

Re: Algodoo 3 open source?

Postby bramstorm » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:57 pm

pnvv wrote:
bramstorm wrote:I think it would probably stay alive because i might still be here forever and theres no way to uncling me from this game im like a magnet :thumbup:


I was like that a few years ago. Trust me, you'll lose interest eventually.
because :problem:
bramstorm
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:54 am

Re: Algodoo 3 open source?

Postby faytree » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:03 am

bramstorm wrote:
pnvv wrote:
bramstorm wrote:I think it would probably stay alive because i might still be here forever and theres no way to uncling me from this game im like a magnet :thumbup:


I was like that a few years ago. Trust me, you'll lose interest eventually.
because :problem:

Algodoo's progress has been stalled for over 3 years and there's little to no hope to see any updates
Last edited by faytree on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back from the "dead"
User avatar
faytree
 
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 pm
Location: uhhh Jakku

Re: Algodoo 3 open source?

Postby faytree » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:08 am

Anyways. it's the best idea to make Algodoo open sourced :thumbup:
I'm back from the "dead"
User avatar
faytree
 
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 pm
Location: uhhh Jakku

Re: Algodoo 3 open source?

Postby DigitalSoundwave » Mon May 29, 2017 5:51 pm

I know I am late, but I would vote algodoo should turn into open source if I could vote, since it is not only a fun program to play with, but also an good educational program for student to learn physics. So far I don't see any other program like this, it definitely need some support for sustainability. Turning into open source is good idea since there will be more people able to fix some problems( like memory leak ) and add more features, taking the program to next level.

(Sorry about my English, oops...)
User avatar
DigitalSoundwave
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:19 pm
Location: The place with 108 IQ points in average.


Return to Algodoo in general

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest