Water display

For topics that don't fit under the other topics or forums.

Water display

Postby leroidangleterre » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi!
I was wondering what I could do to be able to see each particule of water, and not just the bounds of the splash of water. I am using lots of water in huge simulations and I would like to see the details of its movements.

Thanks!
leroidangleterre

Re: Water display

Postby Kilinich » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:58 am

The only workaround I could see is to select some of particles so they will be highlighted and mix it with others.
Dream of Algodoo as game development engine...
Kilinich
[Best bug reporter 2010]

Postby leroidangleterre » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:55 pm

That used to work in Phun, where the selected particles would each be displayed with a white circle around. But here the white line is dranwned around the whole mass of water.
In Phun it was possible to display each particle individually as a halo - almost opaque in the centre, and much lighter at the bound of the particle; so they would be distinguishable even if not selected. See my example attached - it shows exactly what I would like to do in Algodoo.

There may be a command that would switch Algodoo to this display mode - I just can't find it.
Attachments
phun.png
(371.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
leroidangleterre

Postby leroidangleterre » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi,

It's been more than a year, but I still haven't been able to solve my problem. There has to be a way around this, maybe a scripting instruction that would attach a tracer to each fluid particle? I don't know a lot about Algodoo scripting but I am willing to try.
leroidangleterre

Postby electronicboy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Nothing that I can think of, other than trying to be able to grab a copy of Phun, or trying to find a download of the earlier versions of Algodoo which still supported this. Water is processed in a separate way to most objects, and as such isn't seen as an actual object, so basically there isn't much you can do as for attaching objects. There is always the method of placing a small object inside the water to show the flow of water, just make sure to drop the weight so it doesn't have too much effect on the water.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Return to Algodoo in general