Algodoo mods. What am I able to change?

For topics that don't fit under the other topics or forums.

Algodoo mods. What am I able to change?

Postby nansjes1 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:51 pm

Hey guys! I'm making a Downloadable Content pack for algodoo called:
M.O.A.R. Stuff (More Of Any Resource Stuff)

This mod will add:
- New materials with custom textures
- Phunlets with basic objects
- New pallets

This mod will change
- Custom loading messages
- New Algodoo logo: The original logo will be still there, but it will add the +M.O.A.R. Stuff DLC logo under the Algodoo logo.

Mainwhile Algodoo is copyrighted, I don't know if I'm able to change everything from above.
If a Moderator/Admin could reply to this topic, I know what to change in this mod.
nansjes1

Re: Algodoo mods. What am I able to change?

Postby jon_joy_1999 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:44 am

Algodoo V 2.1.0 license.
Last-dated: 5-18-2013
wrote:
Algodoo License

Read these terms carefully before installing Algodoo. By installing Algodoo, you acknowledge that you have read this license agreement, that you understood it, and that you agree to be bound by its terms. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this license agreement, you should cancel the installation of the software.

This version of Algodoo covered under this license is provided free of charge from Algoryx for Mac and PC

Algodoo is proprietary software owned by Algoryx Simulation AB ("Algoryx"). Algodoo may also be made available as a commercial product or service from certain web-shops and portals (for example: Apple AppStore) or resellers as decided by Algoryx. If you have purchased such a license, the existence of this free license does not entitle you any sort of economic compensation or money back.

Algodoo may not be reproduced or distributed in any form outside the specific control of Algoryx, without prior written permission by Algoryx. Algodoo may not be used for promotion of third party products or systems without explicit written permission by Algoryx. Algodoo is a internationally registered trademark owned and protected by Algoryx. The software or the Algodoo trademark may not be used to endorse or sell other commercial products or services without the written permission by Algoryx. Algodoo may not be preinstalled or bundled with commercially offered hardware, software or services without the written permission by Algoryx.

The software is provided as is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement of third party rights. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders, Algoryx Simulation AB, be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.

Enjoy Algodoo!
IANAL but according to this license anything up to and including stripping the Algodoo name and rebranding as AggroDooDoo (no offense). I don't think this license was really thought out and probably was a consequence of the Algoryx head departing the company
BSrac = BoincStats recent average credit
I'd rather be network computing.
jon_joy_1999

Return to Algodoo in general