Unlocking Algodoo 1.8.5 (old version)

For topics that don't fit under the other topics or forums.

Unlocking Algodoo 1.8.5 (old version)

Postby W3ird_N3rd » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:35 am

Hi!

I very much enjoyed this project back in the day when it was still called Phun, but that account doesn't seem to work here, so I made a new one.

I'm a Linux user and after a somewhat negative experience running any 32bit-code on my 64-bit system I'd rather stick with native 64-bit code. For Phun/Algodoo that means Algodoo 1.8.5. I won't ask you to make Algodoo 2.1 for Linux, although it would be awesome, but I realize it's a lot of work.

Getting Algodoo to work took a few symlinks, I'll put them here in case anyone googumbles (stumbles upon using google) this thread:

libcvaux.so.2 -> /usr/lib/libopencv_video.so.2.2.0
libcv.so.2 -> /usr/lib/libopencv_legacy.so.2.2.0
libcxcore.so.2 -> /usr/lib/libopencv_core.so.2.2.0
libhighgui.so.2 -> /usr/lib/libopencv_highgui.so.2.2.0
libml.so.2 -> /usr/lib/libopencv_ml.so.2.2.0
libzip.so.1 -> /usr/lib/libzip.so.2

This list is perhaps not complete, could differ on another distro (debian wheezy here) and I thought I didn't need libml, but it gives you some pointers. Also you have to make sure packages for libzip and opencv are actually installed..

The problem is it's a time-limited demo. The "buy" menu option just says "Could not start browser script.". I suspect the link wouldn't go anywhere anyway, considering Algodoo is free now.

Considering it's now free, is there some universal unlock-key for 1.8.5 available? I'd appreciate it a lot.
W3ird_N3rd

Re: Unlocking Algodoo 1.8.5 (old version)

Postby electronicboy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Hey W3ird_N3rd, I'm currently in the process of waiting to hear back from the team leader at Algoryx for algodoo, he seams to be heading all over the world the past couple of weeks, However I'm sure they'll get to deciding what they want to do.

The Algodoo web shop is also down now, because algodoo is no longer for sale due to it being free, I'll see what I can do to sort this issue out, however I feel we'll be waiting for the team leader to actually get back so the Algodoo dev team can actually speak to him properly.

As a fellow linux users, I know how useful a native version of Algodoo would be nice, however I'm currently using 2.1 inside wine with great success, so depending on your computer and hardware, that may be possible.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Return to Algodoo in general