help?

For topics that don't fit under the other topics or forums.

help?

Postby icrls984 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:10 am

sorry, I didn't know where to put this but I have this rocket that's killer tip keeps going crazy. and every once in a while it will disappear. One thing I notice is in the scripting console there is a line that always appears: [simulation time]: -ERROR - Body::IsBad
Why does this happen and why do objects go crazy? thanks
Attachments
error.PNG
scripting console
(11.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
icrls984

Re: help?

Postby Xray » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Hello icris984 - It would be better if you could post your actual scene rather than just the error message. With the scene, we will have a better idea of why the error is happening. Simply post your scene as an attachment, just like you did for the error message file.

Thanks!
Xray

Postby s_noonan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:49 am

This error is caused by setting density = 0 in script or by setting airFrictionMultiplier to +inf or other stuff like that.

Use
Scene.RemoveEntity(entity)
instead.
s_noonan

Postby electronicboy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:57 am

"Body::isbad" is also a generic error from inside algodoo, it can be caused by a lot of "natural" things.

Algodoo usually recovers fine from this, and carries on as normal, however there are rare circumstances when algodoo is unable too.

Upload a copy of the scene onto Algobox and use the scene tags to paste it onto here, also, ensure that there are no collisions between objects, Algodoo includes tools such as a force viewer, and "app.drawcollisions" will show collisions if set to true.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby Xray » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:04 am

It's been two months since the original post, but for whatever reason, icris984, hasn't replied to any of our replies in this thread. I checked his/her stats, and they last visited the forum on Oct. 05, and so if he/she was still interested in getting this problem solved, they would have at least given us the courtesy of replying to this thread. So, either he/she solved the problem on their own, or they simply no longer have any interest in it.

I don't know about you guys, but I get a little miffed when someone asks for help, and then never replies to let us know if our suggestions helped, or even to thank us for the effort. It's bad manners. :problem:
Xray

Return to Algodoo in general