Nuclear Fusion Collab

Work together on Algodoo projects here.

Re: Nuclear Fusion Collab

Postby Gear97 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:48 pm

hmm.. I finished my work with Davizex now I will be working more in this collab.
Well... I think will try to make my version of the atom sim using the same one-CollideSet eletromagnetism by davidz.
And I will script some other things... ;)
EDIT: I found "huge" problem with davidz's method, it is simple but however fixing a negative mass object to another one will reduce the weight and fixing the "same" mass but positive will increase the weight. This means that this weight diference will alter the speed that diferent charges move at when exposed to same attractive force.
But this problem can be fixed by adding another circle to the negative mass.
Gears are my favorite mechanism. Why do you think I have this username ? ;)
Make sure to spend some time to see my work http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/profile.php?id=96, just to kill sometime ;)
PS: Gear97™ Is a trademark from me. Any unauthorized use of the term "Gear" for usernames or other naming ideas will be punished.
Gear97

Postby Someone Else » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:35 pm

Did you see my last post about increasing the "realism" if my simulator by putting the Strong Force attraction between neutrons on heteroCollide? I have very little time on my hands now, so do you think you could implement this?

And I think I have come to realize that it is impossible to make a fully accurate atom sim in Algodoo. Algodoo simply is not the best tool to use for simulating quantum weirdness. But this collab does make me very surprised at its versatility.
Matthias Wandel is epic, in my humble opinion.
I love my brain...
TC42 wrote:Also, your sig is too big, please change it.

ARE YA HAPPY NOW?????

Thymechanic/Phundamentalist

Recently, I discovered something a lot of you probably already knew: Minecraft is awesome.
Due to this, I may not be as active as usual for a while.
Someone Else

Postby Gear97 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:49 pm

I really was thinking about implementing this but I dont know where to start with your model :crazy:
I think we are missing something to make neutrons "decay" this would make Helium-5 unstable.
EDIT: I will just give it a better look :D I think I will implement it later..
Make sure to spend some time to see my work http://www.algodoo.com/algobox/profile.php?id=96, just to kill sometime ;)
PS: Gear97™ Is a trademark from me. Any unauthorized use of the term "Gear" for usernames or other naming ideas will be punished.
Gear97

Postby Someone Else » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:15 am

Well... now that I am supremely bored thanks to a complete and utter lack of anything useful to do and quite a lot of time to do it in, I think I will implement these changes myself. Will soon edit with the finished scene.

EDIT:
Rating: rated 5
Filesize: 45.91 kB
Comments: 1
Ratings: 1
download
Here it is! Still not perfect, but I can't really do much more for fear of drowning out EM between nucleons altogether.
Matthias Wandel is epic, in my humble opinion.
I love my brain...
TC42 wrote:Also, your sig is too big, please change it.

ARE YA HAPPY NOW?????

Thymechanic/Phundamentalist

Recently, I discovered something a lot of you probably already knew: Minecraft is awesome.
Due to this, I may not be as active as usual for a while.
Someone Else

Postby Gear97 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:10 am

Good Job :clap: Well we need even more realism if we want to get the atoms simulation to be ready for our fusion models.
I will try to run my own expereiments and see if get something useful.
Really good job with Atom Sim 3 ;)
Gear97

Previous

Return to Collab forum