Mechanics Collab

Work together on Algodoo projects here.

Mechanics Collab

Postby Jimmyfisherman » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:42 pm

So, yeah. Recently I have been making a few good engines, but I think its time to upscale my projects from tiny little one-cylinder 2-stroke mini-engines to amazing motorized vehicles and machines.
If you want to help you need to do three things:
1. Make a name tag and post it on Algobox as "(your username)'s Nametag for Mechanics Collab"
2. Give a bit of info (what you like to do the most on Algodoo)
3. Tell us what job you want to take

Open Jobs:
Gear-Maker : This is the job who generates circle gears for complex scenes
Polisher : This person makes the scene look good
Idea-Guy : This person makes basic models of concepts for projects
Scripter : This job involves complex scripting

These four jobs are the only ones so far. I might add more in the future, but this is all I think we need.
Each scene will contain the nametags of all the users who worked on it. If the scene contains any of our nametags but was posted by someone not in the group, the scene has been stolen.
Jimmyfisherman

Re: Mechanics Collab

Postby Jimmyfisherman » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Our first project. The collision layers for the moving parts are color coded. Red = A, Blue = B, Green = None. The blue parts need circle gears to mesh with each other. Its just a double rack. Also, the red parts need gearing too. Its a set of four double racks to allow the differential motion.

How it works:
The yellow bar carries the adjustment wheel (which is the blue circle. It needs gears)
When you press the up arrow, the two ends of the differential move outwards apart from each other.
The whole assembly rolls along a fixed rack, allowing it to shift left and right while still preserving the distance between the two sliding ends.
Attachments
Linear Differential.phz
The Linear Differential
(17 KiB) Downloaded 542 times
Jimmyfisherman

Postby ngphil » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:10 pm

I will get to work on a name tag, and the position i'd like to fill is idea-guy or scripter, as i don't yet know how to make things look "amazing", and circle gears can be made from KIlinich's circle gear generator. i am fairly decent at circle gears, but that's really an unnecessary position, honestly.

my favorite things to make/do on algodoo are build guns and complex mechanisms. that's my specialty, but i build engines as well
ngphil

Postby electronicboy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:14 am

Please, leave 'applications' to on here, Algobox is for scene sharing, not text submission.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby Jimmyfisherman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:11 am

ngphil, I would like you to attach the scene with your tag on this board so all members can make sure their projects have it. Everything we work on will have all of our nametags so nobody steals/copies our work. Circle gear generators are useless to us unless they have the ability to control the actual radius of the gear, so the gears fit within grid sizes. I have phunletted a bunch of useful gears, but if you find a gear generator with a radius/diameter function I would like to be able to get those odd gear sizes from it
Jimmyfisherman

Postby ngphil » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:25 am

Here's my Tag. not the greatest, but it'll work
Attachments
ng logo tag.phz
(15.85 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
ngphil

Postby ngphil » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:30 am

so, skype does NOT REQUIRE a webcam or a microphone, just an internet connection. I would be able to call you, but I just won't be able to hear you. You'll hear me, and that's fine. I can look at the skype chat when you type something. Plus, skype's free and fast, so I prefer it for smaller collabs, such as small fixes and adjustments to a project. again, my address is ngphil22. go ahead and get a skype account, which is also free. it will expedite the process of making good projects
ngphil

Postby Jimmyfisherman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:08 am

I think I have one from when I had my old-new laptop. I cant use it, my internet security does not allow downloads and my upload speed is so bad it takes about an hour to post a scene on Algobox... Lets just stick to the forum, its a lot easier than having to log in and out of Skype constantly. Also, I have an awful router and I only get internet when im standing next to it... Lol. But, fortunately my entire house has phone service.
Jimmyfisherman

Postby ngphil » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:36 am

okay, sounds fair
ngphil

Postby Jimmyfisherman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Ill be more than happy to use text messages also, I have an Iphone 5c and its rlly good with that. Plus my halfway decent phone service...
Jimmyfisherman

Postby Jimmyfisherman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Nice tag, just make sure if you want to update it, please don't glue it to the background. We will be making moving things too and the tag must be movable. I have it phunletted. And heres my tag too.
Attachments
JFM tag.phz
(16.08 KiB) Downloaded 547 times
Jimmyfisherman

Postby Jimmyfisherman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:47 pm

One thing, the gear maker should be able to do unusual requests without relying on those useless generators. Like, I need someone who can calculate something like a 47-toothed 17 by 19 meter elliptical gear... Nobody's gear generator can do that no matter how "famous" they are on Algobox.
Jimmyfisherman

Postby YsFLY » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:59 pm

Jimmyfisherman wrote:One thing, the gear maker should be able to do unusual requests without relying on those useless generators. Like, I need someone who can calculate something like a 47-toothed 17 by 19 meter elliptical gear... Nobody's gear generator can do that no matter how "famous" they are on Algobox.

Holly Molonly.. you mean you can make and show something like elliptical gears. that'a 3d thing, I thought only 2D representations where possible.
YsFLY

Return to Collab forum