Rod logic

Discuss scenes and videos made with Algodoo.

Rod logic

Postby Conundrumer » Wed May 23, 2012 3:18 am

Rating: rated 8.7
Filesize: 101.42 kB
Comments: 135
Ratings: 22
download

Based off of twinkle's turing mobile and this: http://halfbakedmaker.org/2009/12/05/in ... rod-logic/

The red/green matrix decodes binary into hexademical. The green/blue matrix decodes hexadecimal into 7 segment display code. The pink rods is an array of d flip-flops, serving as a memory buffer for the decoded data. The display itself is directly connected to the memory buffer. I could make it change digits more smoothly by adding transistors in between, but I didn't really feel like it, so deal with the jerky motion

The dark-grey circle is the clock, which triggers a series of T flip-flops that feeds in the data, and the computation of the data through the long levers connected to transistors.

I'm actually hoping I could finally make that mechanical computer with this sort of system since it's significantly less laggier than my old 7 segment display, but it's still quite laggy. Nonetheless, I'm going to be working on other computer components with this.
Conundrumer

Re: Rod logic

Postby Nxdt » Wed May 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Wow, nice I like how it loops from 0-f thats a nice feature. Shouldn't be too hard to build a addition/subtraction machine which can output to the T-flip flops.
Nxdt

Return to Scenes