Passive Homing Missile

Discuss scenes and videos made with Algodoo.

Passive Homing Missile

Postby Luezma » Thu May 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi guys, if I already post a topic about this, make me know.

Well, I only wanna see what do you think about my missile, and see your suggestions too, because I stopped working on it for a few months and I don't know what to improve to it.

I'll accept any idea.

Rating: rated 5
Filesize: 4.21 kB
Comments: 2
Ratings: 1
download
Luezma

Re: Passive Homing Missile

Postby Sonic » Mon May 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Just out of curiosity, how are you making the camera follow the little circle?
I do stuff and break things. You know how it is.
Sonic

Postby jon_joy_1999 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:05 pm

my response does not imply that I suggest the use of this function, nor that I will not hunt you down and stab you in the eyes with a spoon repeatedly if you do use this function

Code: Select all
        _Vel > +inf ? {entity.vel = entity.vel / 1.0750000} : {};
        Scene.camera.Pan = Scene.camera.Pan - ((Scene.camera.Pan - (entity.pos + (entity.vel / 6.5000000))) / 4);
BSrac = BoincStats recent average credit
I'd rather be network computing.
jon_joy_1999

Postby Luezma » Tue May 14, 2013 1:22 am

jon_joy_1999 wrote:my response does not imply that I suggest the use of this function, nor that I will not hunt you down and stab you in the eyes with a spoon repeatedly if you do use this function

Scene.camera.Pan = Scene.camera.Pan - ((Scene.camera.Pan - (entity.pos + (entity.vel / 6.5000000))) / 4);

Well, the velocity limiter is just for fun, I can delete it. The camera PAN changing is just some stuff, nothing nessesary
Luezma

Postby Xray » Thu May 16, 2013 5:37 am

jon_joy_1999 wrote:my response does not imply that I suggest the use of this function, nor that I will not hunt you down and stab you in the eyes with a spoon repeatedly if you do use this function

That's a very strange script! Could you please explain how it works and what it does? And why the strange math, such as entity.vel / 1.075 and entity.vel / 6.5? Also, why do you check to see if _Vel is > +inf? !!! How can any variable be greater than infinity? Also where does _Vel get defined?

Thanks

EDIT: I just realized that _Vel was defined in luezma's scene. But I still don't understand the rest of the script.
Xray

Postby Luezma » Sat May 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Xray wrote:

That's a very strange script! Could you please explain how it works and what it does? And why the strange math, such as entity.vel / 1.075 and entity.vel / 6.5? Also, why do you check to see if _Vel is > +inf? !!! How can any variable be greater than infinity? Also where does _Vel get defined?

Thanks

EDIT: I just realized that _Vel was defined in luezma's scene. But I still don't understand the rest of the script.

First: "+inf" is an constant variable, here it means the maximum speed that the ship can get, if you change "+inf" to "2", if will start dividing the ship's speed by 1.075 until it reaches 2m/s, that makes deceleration and works to limit speed.

Second: "_Vel" is the magnitude of the "entity.vel" vector, it is to see the current speed of the entity.

Third:

This script works to move the camera (with some damping) where is the current position plus the speed divided by 6.5. If you change the "4" in the last division, you will change the camera damping, when bigger, more damping
Luezma

Postby Luezma » Fri May 24, 2013 3:58 am

Xray wrote:

Thanks

1. +inf is the speed that must reach to divide the speed, is +inf by now because it doesn't have limits
2. I'm dividing a vector, is the same thing that this:
vector * (1 / value)
Luezma

Return to Scenes