Collision Experiments with Bumper Cars

Discuss scenes and videos made with Algodoo.

Collision Experiments with Bumper Cars

Postby dobili » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Hi guys,

I am working at some simulations for my master thesis. One of them is a simulation of bumper cars, which should be used to get an idea about velocity transfer when two object collide. I would love to hear your opinionabout it :)

Sadly I am german and therefor the menu used in the simulation is also in english. Well, here are some explanations:
  • The simulation is protected: you can't access admin mode or use any of the tools. You can just use your mouse to click or hold things. (The simulation is meant to be used on a touchscreen device! Therefore don't be angry because you have to use your mousewheel for zooming ;) )
  • To close the menu click on the toggle in the upper right corner of the menu. By holding this toggle you can move the menu.
  • Click on a bumper car to load it's data to the menu, and hold it to move it somewhere.
  • The Menu-display: "Ausrichtung" = orientation of the selcted car (angle), "Geschwindigkeit" = absolute velocity, "Startverzögerung" = time to wait before the car starts moving, "Masse/Gewicht" = mass of the car
  • Under "Tempopfeile" = "velocity arrows": "Anzeige" = arrows on/off, "Komponenten" = show components of the velocity on/off, "Werte" = show values of the components on/off, "Skalieren" = scale the arrows (you can also hold the + and - Button)
  • Under "Physikkontrolle" = "physics controls": "Fahrdynamik" = sliding friction on/off and the driver tries to keep the desired absolute velocity on/off, "Wagenrotation" = rotation of the car on/off (rotational energy will be converted to translation energy)
  • "Standardwerte" = resets the selected car to default values
  • "sichern" = the positions and values of the car will be saved; "laden" = the last saved positions and values of the cars will be loaded.

Have fun guys!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GZ31WBLW4WMHNHWVFlU3RrOFU/view?usp=sharing
dobili

Return to Scenes