Dupe Accounts...

Things specific to the scene sharing facility "algobox". New scenes, bugs, suggestions, etc.

Dupe Accounts...

Postby FruitMonger » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Coolcars and MrLucasManSwe (hope I'm spelling and capitalizing that properly) have more than one account, which I thought was against the rules. It'd be way worse than having a dupe forum account, because with a dupe doobox account you could rate your own scene, and comment on it saying "oh yeah, super A+ cool guy, nice scene blahblahblah patmyselfontheback."

Are you allowed to have a dupe doobox account, or has an admin or someone just not seen it? Just look at their scenes, they even say they have dupe accounts! Coolcars was freefun15 or whatever the number was, and he has like 3 more dupes (I think).

So is it allowed? I just wanna know so I can maybe report it, not cause I want my own. (making dupes to rate your own scenes is for squares/rhombi)
FruitMonger

Re: Dupe Accounts...

Postby Nxdt » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:46 pm

I don't know why freefun15/coolcars has not been IP banned yet. The number of incidents that I have reported have become uncountable (About 4/5). FYI dupe accounts are completely against the rules and are not permitted on algobox or the forum.

MrLucasManSwe i think has just left his old account and made a new one, "Lucas", this is probably ok, but the admins and moderators should be notifided before.
Nxdt

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Ok. It says in the rules that i can do another account, if i use it for something special. And i do. As you can see on my MrLucasManSwe account, i have made lots of new stuff. And not on the Lucas one. I have not left any of them.

//MrLucasManSwe
MrLucasManSwe

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:13 pm

And for coolcars (freefun15) is it really not okay to get another account after getting banned.
MrLucasManSwe

Postby electronicboy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:11 am

MrLucasManSwe wrote:And for coolcars (freefun15) is it really not okay to get another account after getting banned.

When your banned, your banned for a reason!

aka, NO! its not okay to create a new account if you was banned.
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby Nxdt » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Haha, looks like the admins need a little discussion. freefun15 was permabanned, and then he simply created a new account. How the hell did the mods not notice this.
Nxdt

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Nxdt wrote:Haha, looks like the admins need a little discussion. freefun15 was permabanned, and then he simply created a new account. How the hell did the mods not notice this.

I need to delete a scene i posted! But it has no title! Can you help me?
MrLucasManSwe

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:15 pm

electronicboy wrote:
MrLucasManSwe wrote:And for coolcars (freefun15) is it really not okay to get another account after getting banned.

When your banned, your banned for a reason!

aka, NO! its not okay to create a new account if you was banned.

Are you an Admin? Can you help me deleting one of my scenes? :crazy:
MrLucasManSwe

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Oh wait never mind i found it at my history.
MrLucasManSwe

Postby electronicboy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Glad you deleted the scene.
FYI, im an admin on the forums, not on algobox!
When asking for help, READ THE STICKIES!
electronicboy

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:24 pm

If somebody is rating 1 on all of my scenes for no reason, what do i do???? :(
MrLucasManSwe

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:31 pm

electronicboy wrote:Glad you deleted the scene.
FYI, im an admin on the forums, not on algobox!

f somebody is rating 1 on all of my scenes for no reason, what do i do???? :cry:
MrLucasManSwe

Postby Chronos » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:11 am

You don't double-post, and you let an admin know.
TheWinkits wrote:They both looks of cuking amazing
Chronos
[Most Active Member 2010]

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:31 pm

Chronos wrote:You don't double-post, and you let an admin know.

Ok sorry, i was just so chocked by this... Is the user ''coolcars'' banned by the way? He is not commenting my scenes like he used to.
MrLucasManSwe

Postby Nxdt » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes, coolcars has been perma banned. Freefun15 is his new account, which should be banned too.
Nxdt

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Nxdt wrote:Yes, coolcars has been perma banned. Freefun15 is his new account, which should be banned too.

A guy just stole one of my scenes. He used credits, but i still don't like it. I'm sick of it. Freefun15 stole my scenes from me the last year, so you can probably understand that i'm mad. What the hell do i do???
MrLucasManSwe

Postby Nxdt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:13 pm

If you say in your scenes description "Please ask me before you use parts of the scene in your own". They should ask you to use the scene and only if you reply, and reply with "yeah ok, thats fine etc." can they use it. Also, you can ask people to remove there scene if it contains stuff used without your permission, this is a rule in algobox, if they don't take it down they will get punished/banned.
Nxdt

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:32 pm

Nxdt wrote:If you say in your scenes description "Please ask me before you use parts of the scene in your own". They should ask you to use the scene and only if you reply, and reply with "yeah ok, thats fine etc." can they use it. Also, you can ask people to remove there scene if it contains stuff used without your permission, this is a rule in algobox, if they don't take it down they will get punished/banned.

It is just what he has done! I asked him to delete it but he won't do it! He doesn't even answer me!
MrLucasManSwe

Postby Nxdt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Then report the scene, state that It uses your content without permission and against your will.
Also post a link to the scene in question.

ps, don't tease or threaten anyone on algobox, saying thing like "Your going to get banned if..." and "the admins are after you", does not help, keep your mouth shut and report stuff if you think it is non legit.
Nxdt

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Nxdt wrote:Then report the scene, state that It uses your content without permission and against your will.
Also post a link to the scene in question.

ps, don't tease or threaten anyone on algobox, saying thing like "Your going to get banned if..." and "the admins are after you", does not help, keep your mouth shut and report stuff if you think it is non legit.

I did all that, Thanks for your help.
The scene that Parvizio uploaded has now got over 200 downloads. (It was my scene ''Saab 9-5 Crashable Jump''.)
MrLucasManSwe

Postby Nxdt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Hmmm I see your problem. This one is for the admins to call to be honest. The guy who uploaded it does not seem to have completely ripped your scene off. He has credited you and has actually changed the scene so its not completely identical. Personally, I would not have a problem with him uploading a modified version of my scene.
Nxdt

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Nxdt wrote:Hmmm I see your problem. This one is for the admins to call to be honest. The guy who uploaded it does not seem to have completely ripped your scene off. He has credited you and has actually changed the scene so its not completely identical. Personally, I would not have a problem with him uploading a modified version of my scene.

But he deleted it now, or i might be an Admin. Sorry for being mad, but you can probably understand that i get pissed off because freefun15 stole my scenes the last year.

As i said, Thanks for your help
MrLucasManSwe

Postby MrLucasManSwe » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:28 am

I got permission to use the account now. Case closed. :thumbup:
MrLucasManSwe

Return to Algobox scene sharing